• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Renderings coming Tuesday!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

Lot 22 to the Sycamore Fields per Gogle Maps is a 16 minute walk currently, so 10-15 minutes is probably a good estimate.

image.png.508adc50c18206208d17a6f2ad5ff92b.png

Perfect, that takes approximately 2 beers per my estimations.

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Remember this is a Rendering, changes will happen come April

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, michibull said:

Funny thing, is I just looked up a bunch of pictures of UNT’s stadium and your spot on, looks almost cut and paste with adding the other end with stands. This upsets me, haha. 

I have driven by the stadium numerous times however have never had a reason to go in, it is a nice stadium, but would love to leave them in my rear view mirror. 

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Debbie downer here.  It looks okay, but I guess I expected a bit more for $300m+.  The seating areas look fine.  Perceived drawbacks from 1 rendering...

Metal supports do look really cheap (and almost unstable but I'm sure only the best structural engineers were involved).

No concourses to mill about and still be able to see the field - unless that rooftop area in the east endzone works for that but they don't show any fake people on it.

Thinking the concession areas are going to look a lot like UCF (wide open with lots of metal poles around). Would prefer a closed in Tulane type look for that.

And assuming a home side season ticket is going to be double what they cost now, expecting a shaded seat for even nooners is not unreasonable.

Also agree with others that it must be able to hold the largest possible pitch for soccer as a rental revenue generator.

Let's be honest, if this single rendering was released by UCF or any of our current conference mates, we would all be saying "looks cheap like the new soccer stadiums going up, we're going to build something way better".

All that being said, let's do this and GO BULLS!

VPMK said the concourse would be open to the field in between the lower and upper sections to have view of the field and the game.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Debbie downer here.  It looks okay, but I guess I expected a bit more for $300m+.  The seating areas look fine.  Perceived drawbacks from 1 rendering...

Metal supports do look really cheap (and almost unstable but I'm sure only the best structural engineers were involved).

No concourses to mill about and still be able to see the field - unless that rooftop area in the east endzone works for that but they don't show any fake people on it.

Thinking the concession areas are going to look a lot like UCF (wide open with lots of metal poles around). Would prefer a closed in Tulane type look for that.

And assuming a home side season ticket is going to be double what they cost now, expecting a shaded seat for even nooners is not unreasonable.

Also agree with others that it must be able to hold the largest possible pitch for soccer as a rental revenue generator.

Let's be honest, if this single rendering was released by UCF or any of our current conference mates, we would all be saying "looks cheap like the new soccer stadiums going up, we're going to build something way better".

MK did say that the lower concourse would be open and have a full view of the field.

Edited by BullsWinBucsWin

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Short cuts through areas but you might have to climb some fences. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Can we put a facade around the metal poles to make people happy?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

19 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I am with you,  it isn't the crown jewel of g5 stadiums , but it isn't the worse. I called it was going to pushed back originally and people said no it would be opening for the 2026 season. I wonder why there is a delay ? 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Also, seating is right on the field...not far away,

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I am with you,  it isn't the crown jewel of g5 stadiums , but it isn't the worse. I called it was going to pushes back originally and people said no it would be opening for the 2026 season. I wonder why there is a delay ? 

Probably calculating the people whining about shade in the design vs the cost?  Maybe wanted to fully explore all options. Just guessing. 

• Upvote 1