• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Renderings coming Tuesday!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

40 minutes ago, bull2bull said:

$300+ million does not get concrete support columns. Hate the skinny steel support columns holding up the stands. Looks cheap like a high school. It is essentially FSU's stadium...layer of concrete over a bounce house support structure. From underneath, it is going to look like FIU, FAU, UCF and FSU's stadiums......disappointed in that....is concrete support that much more....I guess so.

$340 million ... but that is not for the stadium alone.  The football and lacrosse building will take a significant amount of that.

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Well, it's a stadium all right.....

Was really hoping for shade.  Those noon games are killers.

I need a hype man to help out here because all I see are two pics from way far out.  (Did not have chance to listen to the presentation yet).  Aside from "it's ours" what's something to be excited about? Anything cool we're doing with it?

These three pics are all that was given.  Advanced renderings in April 2024.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Help for recruiting.

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Looks kind of like the UNT stadium they built a few years ago. I would think the student section would be cordoned off from the rest of the stadium.

IMG_2698.jpeg

It was said the concourse would be around the stadium, so i don't believe the student section is separate from the stadium as a whole, especially since the main Champions Way entrance for everyone is on the student section side of the stadium

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, beefy620 said:

How 'far' of walk from the sundome lots and others is this approximately? 

Lot 22 to the Sycamore Fields per Gogle Maps is a 16 minute walk currently, so 10-15 minutes is probably a good estimate.

image.png.508adc50c18206208d17a6f2ad5ff92b.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  958

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Looks kind of like the UNT stadium they built a few years ago. I would think the student section would be cordoned off from the rest of the stadium.

IMG_2698.jpeg

Haha, you’re right, so UNT is our standard now? Jkjk………

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Remember, 35K capacity and some seats won't be sold- for visiting fans, buy your season tickets now!

If we sell enough quick, maybe they start planning addition early.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Debbie downer here.  It looks okay, but I guess I expected a bit more for $300m+.  The seating areas look fine.  Perceived drawbacks from 1 rendering...

Metal supports do look really cheap (and almost unstable but I'm sure only the best structural engineers were involved).

No concourses to mill about and still be able to see the field - unless that rooftop area in the east endzone works for that but they don't show any fake people on it.

Thinking the concession areas are going to look a lot like UCF (wide open with lots of metal poles around). Would prefer a closed in Tulane type look for that.

And assuming a home side season ticket is going to be double what they cost now, expecting a shaded seat for even nooners is not unreasonable.

Also agree with others that it must be able to hold the largest possible pitch for soccer as a rental revenue generator.

Let's be honest, if this single rendering was released by UCF or any of our current conference mates, we would all be saying "looks cheap like the new soccer stadiums going up, we're going to build something way better".

All that being said, let's do this and GO BULLS!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  958

14 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

IMG_2698.jpeg

Funny thing, is I just looked up a bunch of pictures of UNT’s stadium and your spot on, looks almost cut and paste with adding the other end with stands. This upsets me, haha.