• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Byrum Brown...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

Interesting to see the top nil earners.

WWW.ON3.COM

A ranking of College Football recruits. These rankings are based on the potential influence they have as an individual.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

What’s happening today will be the death of college sports and will eventually kill my personal fandom, that’s for sure. The day we lose an important guy like BB because someone pays him is the day I become nothing more than a casual observer. And, really, the sad thing is, it’s inevitable. It’s not “if” it happens with one of our guys, it’s when. I have very minor interest in pro sports and no interest at all in following a feeder program for ones with big money boosters.

• Like 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

What’s happening today will be the death of college sports

Agreed.  Not for Michigan and that gang.  

When the end comes for fans like us, it will be a foregone conclusion. 

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

What’s happening today will be the death of college sports and will eventually kill my personal fandom, that’s for sure. The day we lose an important guy like BB because someone pays him is the day I become nothing more than a casual observer. And, really, the sad thing is, it’s inevitable. It’s not “if” it happens with one of our guys, it’s when. I have very minor interest in pro sports and no interest at all in following a feeder program for ones with big money boosters.

I agree 100% with this. I love college football and follow the Bulls faithfully. However, when it becomes more like a feeder program, I’ll be gone. I don’t watch the NFL because the money corrupted it and it’s going this way with college. Sad.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

It will be fine. Basically the coaching staff is the most important thing. Having a coaching staff that can plug in players each season to go with their system is what matters. USF will get to the point of reloading not rebuilding. Got to have about 3 good QBs ready to go which I believe USF does. Offense will be fine with or without BB imo. USF offensive did good this season even after D Sanders was able to lure Xavier & Horn away. USF football will be fine.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

It will be fine. Basically the coaching staff is the most important thing. Having a coaching staff that can plug in players each season to go with their system is what matters. USF will get to the point of reloading not rebuilding. Got to have about 3 good QBs ready to go which I believe USF does. Offense will be fine with or without BB imo. USF offensive did good this season even after D Sanders was able to lure Xavier & Horn away. USF football will be fine.

What happens when coaches and players are poached?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, smazza said:

if i was bb's representative i would have an 800 number and start the bidding

I would hope that his representative would do guaranteed contracts only and not performance based since he's already proven his value at one school to go another and possibly lose future residuals if it doesn't work out (see Brian Battie).

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

13 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

death?

you are a very smart guy and  you cant be surprised. usf is the minor leagues and the major leagues can buy our players

its called evolution

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

4 hours ago, Mister Armstrong said:

I would hope that his representative would do guaranteed contracts only and not performance based since he's already proven his value at one school to go another and possibly lose future residuals if it doesn't work out (see Brian Battie).

the deal would be fully guaranteed