• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ouch... Not Cool

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

16 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

They also cost USF & Big East some money by upsetting WVU during that 2007 Backyard Brawl. Lol. Also I believe they played a big role with regards to the end of BiG East football. Pitt is one of USF worse enemies imo..

I don't like them either. But to say they've always been "has beens" isn't accurate.  And you know we strive for accuracy here on the Bullspen.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

54 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

They also cost USF & Big East some money by upsetting WVU during that 2007 Backyard Brawl. 

Nothing different than what USF did in 2006 to WVU.

McMurphy made sure to point that out.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Embrace the turd? Hmm 

Do you not know how the Circle of Poo works? Lol

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I think where you play has the least amount impact on attendance, with students presumably being the ones most impacted .... but I guess we'll find that out. 'Who' matters but may not matter just on its own as much as some think. The first two years in the BE, playing the teams CJL mentioned, we averaged 33K in conference, going 4-3 each year. The previous year in CUSA averaged 28K going 3-5.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I think, in our short history, pointing back to those days of excitement from the launch of the program, and through the first 10 years to the disappointing 8-9 win seasons is nothing compared to now.  That excited fan base is decimated.  That original loyal following is scattered.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think, in our short history, pointing back to those days of excitement from the launch of the program, and through the first 10 years to the disappointing 8-9 win seasons is nothing compared to now.  That excited fan base is decimated.  That original loyal following is scattered.

We are nomads wandering the Earth.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think where you play has the least amount impact on attendance, with students presumably being the ones most impacted .... but I guess we'll find that out. 'Who' matters but may not matter just on its own as much as some think. The first two years in the BE, playing the teams CJL mentioned, we averaged 33K in conference, going 4-3 each year. The previous year in CUSA averaged 28K going 3-5.

The "who" has never mattered to me. The "where" didn't really matter to me up until the past half a dozen years or so.

15 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We are nomads wandering the Earth.

Seeking Ws amid the ruins…

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

21 minutes ago, Brad said:

Just looking at attendance numbers, a large part the original loyal may still be here. A good number of the ones who jumped on during the "glory years" of the BE have certainly jumped off ....

3 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

The "who" has never mattered to me. The "where" didn't really matter to me up until the past half a dozen years or so.

The “where” mattered to me during the first game at Bucs Stadium.  The “who” started mattering after we experienced the excitement around and the beating of brand name teams.  Hard to go back to Sun Belt teams.  But let’s beat them.  

• Like 1