• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers Holiday Billboard

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

I was driving from work on the Florida Turnpike in the northern Plam Beach area and saw this red & white football billboard. I thought to myself who could it be?The Bucs maybe. And as I got closer it was the stupid Rutgers Scarlett Knights college football team wishing people in south florida a Happy Holiday!!

Could you beleive it they are trying to move into the south florida area as well. Something needs to be done. USF doesnt even have a billboard in this area but Rutgers dose? I was really surprised and at the sam etime upset! Jsut wanted to inform the Bulls Nation that they are also trying to make their mark in South Florida.

Can somebody make a draft of holiday billboard stating how we also wish them happy holidays as we whipped Rutgers 45-31.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1134661801

....... And as I got closer it was the stupid Rutgers Scarlett Knights college football team wishing people in south florida a Happy Holiday!!

Could you beleive it they are trying to move into the south florida area as well. Something needs to be done. USF doesnt even have a billboard in this area but Rutgers dose? I was really surprised and at the sam etime upset! Jsut wanted to inform the Bulls Nation that they are also trying to make their mark in South Florida.

Why not? Its called good marketing and expanding your recruiting base.

We all talk about the wealth of talent in the state of Florida, especially South Florida, so we shouldn't be so naive to think that schools from outside of the state wouldn't try and recruit there as well. Esepcially taking into consideration that we are in the same conference as them.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

Rutgers has been doing that for years down in that area. They just started putting up billboards in the Tampa area last year because USF joined the BIG EAST. Anyway, if Rutgers steals some players away from other teams then it is good for the BIG EAST IMO.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf is falling asleep at the wheel

again

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

That section of Florida is like New Jersey (south), anyway.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

usf is falling asleep at the wheel

again

They can have our "leftovers", LOL.

Anyone ever wonder why Florida is supposedly better than anywhere else for HS recruits?  Is it the water?  The extra sun?

The only reason I can think that FL has better recruits than elsewhere would be: 1.  Higher population (hence more to choose from) than most other states and 2.  Better HS football competition.

That said, its hard to believe that human beings in one area are that much further ahead of any other area.  It seems ridiculous to me that schools would specifically target Florida over GA, Texas, Ohio, New York, etc.

Unless there's some form of subliminal genetic selection going on.  Maybe the most athletic parents gravitate to Florida and have kids here?  Yeah, maybe thats it ::).

Let's worry about how the recruits we GET do.  Iowa has recruited a number of players that were supposedly crappy that turned out to be stars.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

PLEASE !!!  Did you see their roster when we played them??  EVERYONE was either from NJ or FLORIDA !!!  They know where their bread is buttered...   FL.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

That section of Florida is like New Jersey (south), anyway.

THAT section?!!.......

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think it is:

1. Population

2. Weather, can play year round.

3. Unlike parts of the west there is no 7 on 7 high schools here.

4. For east coast teams this is the easier trip than Texas or California.

5. Basketball is not so big here.

Having said that, all the top talent (top 25-30) in the largest states is pretty equal over time.  The key difference is depth of talent.  So a Rutgers taking the 95th best player in the state is better for them than  maybe the 45th best player.