• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McNeese State added to '06 Football Schedule

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

McNeese St was one of the top teams in I-AA a few years ago, I don't know what kind of shape they're in nowadays but you can't look at this as a sure walkover.

They are a top 1AA program ... they are in Katrina's wake and it seems they may be down in 2006 according to Doc.

With the 2 teams we open with, hopefully we can get enough playing time for Matt & C.Hill.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

I say we'll be 4-0  ;D

Agreed.  I like how these 4 unfold as each week is a little bit stronger team.  Couldn't have worked out better for the pre conference season.

• Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

And I just hope we get stronger each week  8)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

so who does that leave for our 12 game

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Grothe is 5 times the QB Hill is.  If anyone other than Rod Smith was the QB coach or OC Grothe would be the starter.

This might be true, however if I were HC I might have redshirted him, too.  Extra eligibility on a QB is always a nice thing, and he'll be better in his first year this way than he would had he been put into the offense immediately.

Imagine if we get really lucky with new personnel hires and Grothe gets a decent offense to work with.  This turn of events would put him in a much better position than being forced to make difficult throws as a true freshman.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140

They are a top 1AA program ... they are in Katrina's wake and it seems they may be down in 2006 according to Doc.

With the 2 teams we open with, hopefully we can get enough playing time for Matt & C.Hill.

Don't say Katrina to people in Southwest La.!    Rita was the one that beat the hell out of us.   We still have some problems down here and are tired of hearing about New Orleans and their problems after Katrina.   That's all the national media focuses on these days when they talk about hurricane damage.

As far as, McNeese.   We graduated a lot of seniors in 2003 and that caught up with us in 2004 when we had a 4-7 season.   This past year we started off good beating Georgia Southern at home.   Then came the Rita.   Our team spent six weeks staying in a condemned dorm at the University of Southeastern La. four hours away from home and practicing there.   We only had only two true home games the whole season.  I think we were better than we showed but all of the disruptions this season hurt us.  We had some talent this year but most of them were freshmen, redshirt freshmen, and sophomores with a few juniors and seniors mixed in.   We finished the season 5-4.   Hopefully, we get back to playing McNeese type football next fall.

Doc

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

A traditionally solid 1AA program.  You  get credit for letting us know that this was in the works.

My memory's a little fuzzy but I kind of remember the UT Spartans playing them way back when .... or a similar name.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Doc,

I hope your guys get it together and get good again....right after September 2.   ;D

My memory's a little fuzzy but I kind of remember the UT Spartans playing them way back when .... or a similar name.

UT Spartans?????

Doc

Doc,

I hope your guys get it together and get good again....right after September 2.   ;D

Thanks.

Should be a fun road trip, at least.  And I'll be on the sidelines with my camera.

McNeese Football Pictures

Doc