• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Navy Roll Call

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

Any thoughts of the city, stadium or traditions from those of you who attended the game for the first time?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

33 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Any thoughts of the city, stadium or traditions from those of you who attended the game for the first time?

Because of time circumstances, we didn't have a chance to do anything beyond the stadium. I thought the stadium was a nice place to catch a game. Mid-range size so it was not overwhelming at all. It was the the traditions of the Navy that made it even better. The flyover, the parachutist, the March On, the cheer for the visiting team, the pushups after a Navy score, the live mascots (a couple of goats), the post-game Blue and Gold song with the Bulls joining the 4,000 midshipmen.. It was something you can't possibly experience at another non-service academy matchup. Just mingling around with the thousands of men and women in all-white uniforms takes you back for a moment. If you're someone who hasn't gone, you should go in 2026. If you have gone, go again and talk to the older men around you from Navy, most likely they'll have a lot of insight and information for you that you'd never get elsewhere. Go Bulls! Beat Army!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

On Campus before noon they did an Assembly before the cadets lunch, that was really cool to see.  They did our USF chant at the beginning of the game as they were marching everyone on the field, which was cool as heck too.  This city was a small coastal town type thing, we did a trolly tour to see all of the architecture and famous buildings.  Was pretty solid experience all arounds. 

Edited by beefy620
  • Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

Sounds like you guys enjoyed it. If the wife is healthy (meaning she can walk on her own) by our next visit would love to go up with our daughter and her family.  

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

On 9/29/2023 at 11:19 PM, USFBulls12 said:

Everyone who answered the Navy Game Roll Call:

1. @Ricky the Bull
  2. @MSBulls
  3. @BullsWinBucsWin
  4. @bullsmania
  5. @Jim Johnson
  6. @NJBull
  7. @USFBulls12
  8. @Maryland Bull

Looking forward to watching the Bulls start a winning streak with you all in Annapolis tomorrow! Anyone missing from the list?

I was able to hang with @Ricky the Bull @Jim Johnson and I met @BullsWinBucsWin and we had blast with his group closing down an old school arcade while celebrating our win! 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Sounds like you guys enjoyed it. If the wife is healthy (meaning she can walk on her own) by our next visit would love to go up with our daughter and her family.  

Same boat.  I had a great visit with my daughter and hoping my wife is healthy enough to join us next time.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

So much history.  The march on was very cool and the fact that they did our cheer and tipped their caps to us was very respectful.  The Maryland Inn downtown was my favorite bar.  A basement bar in the bottom of the oldest hotel in the US. They start the ghost tours there and I was told one of the rooms isn't sold anymore due to the ghosts of the deceased female and male who haunt the room. 

USGHOSTADVENTURES.COM

Haunted by long-dead guests from the Revolutionary War era, join us as we check into the Maryland Inn, the oldest continually-operated hotel in Annapolis.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, bullsmania said:

I was able to hang with @Ricky the Bull @Jim Johnson and I met @BullsWinBucsWin and we had blast with his group closing down an old school arcade while celebrating our win! 

Great to hang with you all!  My arm is still sore from trying to beat the high score on those basketball games!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/2/2023 at 9:20 AM, CousinRicky said:

We loved it.  Went to the Orioles game on Thursday night, checked Camden Yards off the stadium bucket list (wasn't great that they clinched that night).  Friday we did the Naval Academy walking tour, which was excellent.  Saw the noon meal formation as well as the formal parade that afternoon.  I think you may have indicated what an emotional experience it is to see and hear about all of the formalities, traditions, etc., and that was dead on.  I can't imagine the pride that these Midshipmen's parents and families must feel.  We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, which was perfect for walking both to downtown/Academy, as well as back up toward the stadium.  We frequented quite a few bars/restaurants downtown, and all were very good with friendly service.  Weather was awesome and a nice relief from all the heat back home.  This was top 2 or 3 (or better) away game experiences that I've had.  Hope to go back next time around and bring the rest of the family when the kids are a bit older.

• Like 3