• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Navy -3.5

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

I am not sure about Navy.  They were in there with Memphis.  They beat a team I am not aware of and were destroyed by ND.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

Navy throws the ball a lot more now.  They threw 19 passes against Memphis, that's normally about 6 games worth of passes for them.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473

I really can’t figure out why Navy is favored against us. We have at least beaten a real team and our defense is playing lights out against the run. I know Navy throws more now but I still expect us to make it very difficult to run and force them to be one dimensional. I also expect us to score on Navy. If we play anywhere near to potential we should win this game. I believe we will.

13 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

I really can’t figure out why Navy is favored against us. We have at least beaten a real team and our defense is playing lights out against the run. I know Navy throws more now but I still expect us to make it very difficult to run and force them to be one dimensional. I also expect us to score on Navy. If we play anywhere near to potential we should win this game. I believe we will.

How to we explain the Memphis game?  Looks very close.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

This will be a good test for the offense as Navy has a pretty decent defense it seems...better than Rice and WKU.

Not as worried about the defense they should do well.

I want to see the run game get going more with the running backs.  Hopefully threat of passing game will help cause if Brown has accuracy issues this game could be a close one in the 4th. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

14 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

Maybe because USF hasn't won a road game in over 3 years, and the oddsmakers aren't sure if we've "learned how to win" yet.  I think with this coaching staff, our guys will not be distracted and come out ready to play.  I feel good about this game.  I think when we win a road game and put 2 wins back-to-back, the oddsmakers may start favoring us a bit more.  That's my guess anyway. 

Next play!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

12 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Maybe because USF hasn't won a road game in over 3 years, and the oddsmakers aren't sure if we've "learned how to win" yet.  I think with this coaching staff, our guys will not be distracted and come out ready to play.  I feel good about this game.  I think when we win a road game and put 2 wins back-to-back, the oddsmakers may start favoring us a bit more.  That's my guess anyway. 

Next play!

I think this is silly logic. This coaching staff wasn’t here over the past three years. Many of these impact players weren’t here. Our QB was 15 years old and wasn’t even allowed to drive a car 3 years ago. Not having won in 3 years on the road when there are different processes, systems, and personnel involved is like believing there is some kind of intangible force that prevents us from having different behaviors and outcomes just because it is believed to exist by the fans who have been here since then. Many of the players and staff here now know nothing of this losing and those who do have been reeducated into a new way. The past is not a factor.

2 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Our QB was 15 years old and wasn’t even allowed to drive a car 3 years ago.

We gotta teach him to drive a fun manual before they are gone.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

5 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

I think this is silly logic. This coaching staff wasn’t here over the past three years. Many of these impact players weren’t here. Our QB was 15 years old and wasn’t even allowed to drive a car 3 years ago. Not having won in 3 years on the road when there are different processes, systems, and personnel involved is like believing there is some kind of intangible force that prevents us from having different behaviors and outcomes just because it is believed to exist by the fans who have been here since then. Many of the players and staff here now know nothing of this losing and those who do have been reeducated into a new way. The past is not a factor.

I agree that the past is not a factor at all in whether or not we win this game or by how much--this is definitely sound logic.  But that doesn't mean that the average better bets based on sound logic.  Many betters go on past trends and sometimes even feelings.  I don't know much about setting odds, but I think the oddsmakers consider that there are potential betters out there who believe that the past is a factor.  I am basing that on all the stupid stats we hear all the time like "X team has never won a game where it was under 40 degrees at kickoff," or "X team has never won on the road at Y."  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

This will be an interesting game. I think besides Memphis, and perhaps UTSA this is our hardest remaining game.

Navy has a unique style of play, and playing them might require an adjustment in our gameplan as well.

Very excited about this game, and if we can win this game then truly the game against Rice might have been a Syracuse moment for us, and at which point the sky will be the limit for us not next season, but this season.