• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Latest US News College Rankings

TExpress

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

We improved 8 spots and are now #89 among national universities and #45 among all public universities. :1395_metal_tone1:

University of South Florida - Profile, Rankings and Data | US News Best Colleges

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,333
  • Days Won:  10

They have adjusted the weighting on the criteria but I don't know how that influenced our score, or if it did at all.  This ranking is fantastic and something to be proud of.  I'll bet we jump again next year.  I wonder what the correlation is between this scale and AAU membership.  If they correlate highly, then we should rank 2nd or 3rd in the state.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

Never exactly how to think of these rankings; however, AAU status and solid rankings in the National Universities and Public Universities classifications bodes well for USF, its student body and Tampa Bay area.  A proud year for academics.

Now if we can only get athletics to rise without compromising on the academics....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Top 90…!  

We were like 180s when I enrolled. 

Proud to be a bull! 

I think this years ranking adjustments were more favorable to public schools and hurt private schools. 

For example, Wake Forest dropped from 29 to 47. Oof!

“””According to the publication, the new version of the rankings puts more emphasis on helping students move up in society and on college graduate outcomes, such as proportion of the college's graduates that earn more on average than high school graduates. 

The ranking factors that were dropped this year include class size, proportion of faculty with terminal degrees, alumni giving, proportion of graduates borrowing, and high school class standing.”””