• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fowler Ave NIL has been great lately

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

These pro sports doing this will help, haven't thought about it. Does USF plan to do something with the new stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, hm101 said:

Remember this is comp to the students, there's some degree of privacy on the part of the students and teams as a whole. I don't have numbers but I know the NIL has absolutely made a difference and allowed us to keep/recruit some recognizable names that will help us win

I asked very simple questions and received no response.  I will not be donating to any organization that doesn’t respond to emails.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  364

11 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

I asked very simple questions and received no response.  I will not be donating to any organization that doesn’t respond to emails.

I agree with you. They don’t have to give names but at least give us an idea as to where the money going or is it all just going to pay for the salaries of the collective staff? We couldn’t pay any of our players last year. Are any in our current squat being paid. My guess is Reid otherwise he would have left too.  Did he get paid after they tried to poach him?

• Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, jmbull said:

I agree with you. They don’t have to give names but at least give us an idea as to where the money going or is it all just going to pay for the salaries of the collective staff? We couldn’t pay any of our players last year. Are any in our current squat being paid. My guess is Reid otherwise he would have left too.  Did he get paid after they tried to poach him?

Something similar to how non profits are evaluated to see which are really helping the cause and which are lining their own pockets. Just a high level breakdown ofb% to operational costs (staff and any events they put on to attract more donors) vs % to NIL. 

• Content Count:  101

5 hours ago, jmbull said:

I am not asking for much from Fowler Ave.  I just want to know how much of the money is going towards the players (a rough estimate is fine) and sports teams, and I do recognize that employees need to be paid.  I have no problem with Fowler Ave. taking their "cut" but I think it would be wise for them to be more transparent with the fan base in order to generate more revenue.  There are many fans who refuse to donate to the NIL Collective-- I understand how they feel and I have no problems with their stance.  But there is another group of fans who are on the fence and I think Fowler Ave. is doing a disservice by being shady and ignoring emails.

I believe there are many people like myself who would be willing to donate $50-100/month (a lot of small fish together can make a difference).  I know my $1,200 a year doesn't amount to much but if 100 fans did it, we now have 100K for someone like Reid.  That's my two cents.  I think the opportunity is there but I have been unimpressed so far...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Days Won:  12

13 hours ago, BigSteve said:

I am not asking for much from Fowler Ave.  I just want to know how much of the money is going towards the players (a rough estimate is fine) and sports teams, and I do recognize that employees need to be paid.  I have no problem with Fowler Ave. taking their "cut" but I think it would be wise for them to be more transparent with the fan base in order to generate more revenue.  There are many fans who refuse to donate to the NIL Collective-- I understand how they feel and I have no problems with their stance.  But there is another group of fans who are on the fence and I think Fowler Ave. is doing a disservice by being shady and ignoring emails.

I believe there are many people like myself who would be willing to donate $50-100/month (a lot of small fish together can make a difference).  I know my $1,200 a year doesn't amount to much but if 100 fans did it, we now have 100K for someone like Reid.  That's my two cents.  I think the opportunity is there but I have been unimpressed so far...

94% goes to the students. I hear you, your email should not be ignored and sorry the service hasn't been great so far. It's my understanding the people running it (Corey, etc) are volunteers with full time jobs. I agree with you, I need responsiveness to get off the fence and that may just lead you more in the direction of the Bulls Club vs Fowler Ave if John, etc, are more accountable. 

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

8 minutes ago, hm101 said:

94% goes to the students. I hear you, your email should not be ignored and sorry the service hasn't been great so far. It's my understanding the people running it (Corey, etc) are volunteers with full time jobs. I agree with you, I need responsiveness to get off the fence and that may just lead you more in the direction of the Bulls Club vs Fowler Ave if John, etc, are more accountable. 

where did you get the 94% number. It would be helpful if they just put that on the website. If accurate, thats much better than I expected. I thought 75% would be great.

Edited by flsportsfan83

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  180

On 4/23/2024 at 10:27 PM, BigSteve said:

I‘m not impressed by Fowler Ave.

I haven't been impressed either!

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  134

I’m a University of Georgia alumna, and their collective (Classic City Collective) states that 90% goes to the Athletes from the 21 club (which is for recurring contributions).

IMG_1628.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

On 4/25/2024 at 9:11 AM, USF_Bullsharks said:

This is still a risk/reward game - the economics must work for both sides. Orlando FC is averaging ~19k fans per game in a 25k seat stadium. They have the ability to offer rev share splits to c for whatever payout - to the collective, to the school, etc, to boost attendance. 

The Lightning do not have empty seats (although I would expect Vinik to 100% be on board with something like this). The Bucs haven't either, but that could be slowly changing as the Brady/Super Bowl fever wears off. The Rays could do this today, and I expect as USF continues to increase support/momentum/media coverage, the Rays could very well be interested. Stu poses other difficulties - his heart isn't in Tampa Bay at all. 

To my knowledge, the Rays are the only pro team that actually does an official thing with USF.   That game in August where you get those USF themed TB rays caps (very cool by the way).  I don't know what the logistics of it are.  It may just be an alumni group thing, but it is something.  Maybe that can grow into something more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1