• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Attendance

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,714
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

It never really did, not ones with the popular appeal of a Bama, FSU, UF. The only one that really moved the needle a little was the dbags from Oveido and that was due to the "rivalry". Attendance will definitely improve in a PX conference but honestly it won't need to improve that much to fill up the ocs .... and winning should fill it up no matter what conference.

Didn't want to start a new thread. Friends of ours are dropping USF football tix because they feel an OCS at $320 million is a total waste. They've had season tix from the beginning.  He's a grad and told us this is their last year. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

16 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Didn't want to start a new thread. Friends of ours are dropping USF football tix because they feel an OCS at $320 million is a total waste. They've had season tix from the beginning.  He's a grad and told us this is their last year. 

Not really completely understanding their logic, I guess some sort of protest or something, but to each his own .....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not really completely understanding their logic, I guess some sort of protest or something, but to each his own .....

yeah seems like an odd reason to drop season tickets

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

yeah seems like an odd reason to drop season tickets

It def is...hopefully they change their mind

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yea if anything I would think it would have the opposite effect. Most fans see the OCS as a positive. The only thing I have seen is that some fans are worried that at 35,000 capacity that they will be priced out. However,  when I talk to my USF friends all I hear is is excitement about the OCS, and a willingness on their part to stick it out as a USF fan since they appreciate that the USF administration is willing to commit to the future of USF football

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

Yea if anything I would think it would have the opposite effect. Most fans see the OCS as a positive. The only thing I have seen is that some fans are worried that at 35,000 capacity that they will be priced out. However,  when I talk to my USF friends all I hear is is excitement about the OCS, and a willingness on their part to stick it out as a USF fan since they appreciate that the USF administration is willing to commit to the future of USF football

I heard some OCS complaints from some long time fans at last week's tailgate.  I think the issue seems to be that they believe they will have to pay much more than they are paying now, and most likely they will be "priced out" of the club amenities that they have taken for granted at the pro stadium (club lounge, A/C, etc.).  I guess I understand, but those things are not really college football.  I know I will be giving up those kinds of amenities (unless I move up to Iron Bull someday), but I am trading them for something that I think is better:  games on campus with a college game day atmosphere and a "true" home stadium.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I heard some OCS complaints from some long time fans at last week's tailgate.  I think the issue seems to be that they believe they will have to pay much more than they are paying now, and most likely they will be "priced out" of the club amenities that they have taken for granted at the pro stadium (club lounge, A/C, etc.).  I guess I understand, but those things are not really college football.  I know I will be giving up those kinds of amenities (unless I move up to Iron Bull someday), but I am trading them for something that I think is better:  games on campus with a college game day atmosphere and a "true" home stadium.

I think that's a legitimate concern and one that some in our party have also expressed ..... and I get that one.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

Some of our amateur economists think you can create demand by having fewer seats, but you can't.  Nor do you create demand by having higher priced seats.  You can exploit demand, but not create it.  As prices rise, less quantity is demanded.  They will still need these seats to be relatively competitive with today's.  People aren't going to buy them, let alone hold on to them for the novelty alone.  Sure there will be some big spenders that will pay outrageous prices for the best in the house, but they're not the type will see sitting there!  

Something like that.  Thanks Ron Colley, Intermediate Price Theory, USF School of Business.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, Brad said:

Something like that.  Thanks Ron Colley, Intermediate Price Theory, USF School of Business.

Is he the Colley of "Colley Matrix" fame?  🤣

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

50 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

It's so weird to me to prefer to be in a giant stadium not suited to our product or brand to get cheaper luxury amenities, but every customer is different.