• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Talent at WR and the O-Line stinks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

OL could not pass block unless WKU rushed 3. If you take out the 80 yard TD, Brown had 14 completions for 80 yards. BB saved the offense with his legs.

DL got almost no pressure on passes. WKU had a ton of false start penalties and drops that killed momentum.

On a positive note, Matt Hill was relegated to special teams duty. He did his best to get a targeting penalty that wasn't called.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

6 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

It was weird that nobody really saw the gap at WR with us losing our core. Would I mentioned it several times people seemed to think we would be ok. I was hoping they saw something I didn’t. 

agree 100%. Need playmakers there 

I made an entire post questioning the quality of our WR and noting that there wasn't a playmaker or gamebreaker among them. 

Brown can and will do better, but he needs time to make a read and get rid of the ball. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

20 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

That about sums it up and was a major concern for me heading into the season. Going to have a lot of 300 yard rushing games. 

How can we have a lot of 300 yard rushing games if the OLine stinks?

4 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

I saw blocking and tying up by the WRs, especially on the WR screens.  It warmed my heart.  I also saw better tackling.  That was what I needed to see.  Now, let's build on it.

Realistic opinions not allowed.  Only doom and gloom opinions.  Please correct this oversight and explain how the new coach will never win a game.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,573
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I made an entire post questioning the quality of our WR and noting that there wasn't a playmaker or gamebreaker among them. 

Brown can and will do better, but he needs time to make a read and get rid of the ball. 

it's hard to have more than 2 on a team and since we lost our 2 from last year, it's not that big of a deal we didn't have any going into this season. Time for some new ones to emerge ..... and an 84 yd td strike will hopefully be a start.

Edited by Triple B
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

A lot of that was on broken plays and QB scrambles. You can also have an O-Line that can run block but not pass protect. I'm not doom and gloom on this team, we will just have to see drastic improvement as the season progresses. This game was a likely loss regardless. Just stinks to see them play so well for a quarter and then fade away. 

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

A lot of that was on broken plays and QB scrambles. You can also have an O-Line that can run block but not pass protect. I'm not doom and gloom on this team, we will just have to see drastic improvement as the season progresses. This game was a likely loss regardless. Just stinks to see them play so well for a quarter and then fade away. 

They need to get better against the pass, I think they will with scheme, looking at tape and time working together.  Run blocking is a skill and it was pretty impressive last night if it holds up during the season.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I keep wondering the same thing.  I know the o-line struggled at times yesterday but we put up 375 yards rushing.  Had to be doing something right