• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ok! I can will say it. USF still can’t find a coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

Totally unfair to the judge the coaching after one game. it was obvious that the overall talent level is actually better than last year and the scheme discipline on defense was light years better. They still need to figure out how to get a pass rush and do they need to clean up the penalties?  
A couple calls could’ve been better like throwing on first and goal from the four in the third quarter with a chance the tie the game.

The offensive line needs a lot of work and improvement. We knew that early on you. Remember one of his first comments was it was almost criminal way Scott left the offensive line. It’s a work in progress and should get better. The only concern is skill  players on the outside. It didn’t look like they had enough.

Overall, I thought there was signs of encouragement all over the place.

we’ll see what happens as the season progresses.

way too soon for the hanging noose 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

I’m a college football fan….I support USF because I live in the area and have/will continue to support USF (All Sports).  As far as coming up with the salad for Coach Prime, do you think Colorado is getting a rest return on investment? I think, at the time he would have  come to USF.  I’m not buying the excuses.  

Correction: salary for Coach Prime. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Coach hired a 26 year old former GA to coach the OL, and the OL happened to be our weakest spot this past game. I think he (coach A) needs to own that. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

14 minutes ago, Sports said:

Oh, darn.  I thought I just learned some new slang!😁

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

38 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Coach hired a 26 year old former GA to coach the OL, and the OL happened to be our weakest spot this past game. I think he (coach A) needs to own that. 

I believe him and Donovan Jennings actually played against each other.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

16 minutes ago, Sports said:

I’m a college football fan….I support USF because I live in the area and have/will continue to support USF (All Sports).  As far as coming up with the salad for Coach Prime, do you think Colorado is getting a rest return on investment? I think, at the time he would have  come to USF.  I’m not buying the excuses.  

He's making $5.5 million vs Golesh's $2.5 million. His assistant pool is slightly higher ($5 million vs $4.5 million). His buyout is $15 million vs Golesh's $3 million. Other stipulations:

1. Sanders is permitted to wear Nike on the sidelines vs CUs Under Armor. We have an Adidas contract. Would we have risked our contract with our apparel provider?
  2. Guaranteed contract renegotiation after Year 3.
  3. $200,000 private jet allowance.
  4. $100,000 for six wins (Golesh gets $10,000 for eight wins).
  5. $100,000 more for each win after six (Golesh gets nothing more).
  6. $75,000/$150,000 to play/win conference championship (Golesh gets $25,000/$50,000)
  7. $150,000 for a bowl appearance (Golesh gets $25,000/$50,000 to appear/win)
  8. $75,000 for conference coach of the year (Golesh gets nothing more).
  9. Sanders' son must be allowed to be the starting QB

Let's say in an alternate timeline, we bag Deion Sanders and he wins 9 games, a conference title, and win a bowl game. That will cost us $11.5 million. If Golesh does the same, it costs us $7.1 million. Plus a much larger buyout if he fails to perform as well as a possible bent over the barrel situation after Year 3 during contract negotiations. That's not even taking into account the fact that we would have had to beat not match CUs offer to Saders. That's a lot of risk to put into a guy who has performed only at the FCS level. 

After Game 1, I think it's clear that Sanders performed well above expectations and it's looking like a real smart move. Would I prefer to have him over CAG right now? Probably -- his ego rubs me the wrong way as well as the way he played the negotiation situation. But he got results and he overhauled the team with some great talent. But time will tell down the stretch whether it would have been worth tying over unheard of resources in him.

Also, consider this: the ceiling for CU is a lot higher than USF. They've got Oregon, Utah, USC, etc. on their schedule. If they win 10 games, they're a Top-10 team. We have Charlotte, Rice, FAU, etc. If we win 10 games, we might be Top 20 at best. Do we need an $11 million+ per year staff for that type of schedule? I don't know that the payoff in the AAC would be worth it.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

He's making $5.5 million vs Golesh's $2.5 million. His assistant pool is slightly higher ($5 million vs $4.5 million). His buyout is $15 million vs Golesh's $3 million. Other stipulations:

1. Sanders is permitted to wear Nike on the sidelines vs CUs Under Armor. We have an Adidas contract. Would we have risked our contract with our apparel provider?
  2. Guaranteed contract renegotiation after Year 3.
  3. $200,000 private jet allowance.
  4. $100,000 for six wins (Golesh gets $10,000 for eight wins).
  5. $100,000 more for each win after six (Golesh gets nothing more).
  6. $75,000/$150,000 to play/win conference championship (Golesh gets $25,000/$50,000)
  7. $150,000 for a bowl appearance (Golesh gets $25,000/$50,000 to appear/win)
  8. $75,000 for conference coach of the year (Golesh gets nothing more).
  9. Sanders' son must be allowed to be the starting QB

Let's say in an alternate timeline, we bag Deion Sanders and he wins 9 games, a conference title, and win a bowl game. That will cost us $11.5 million. If Golesh does the same, it costs us $7.1 million. Plus a much larger buyout if he fails to perform as well as a possible bent over the barrel situation after Year 3 during contract negotiations. That's not even taking into account the fact that we would have had to beat not match CUs offer to Saders. That's a lot of risk to put into a guy who has performed only at the FCS level. 

After Game 1, I think it's clear that Sanders performed well above expectations and it's looking like a real smart move. Would I prefer to have him over CAG right now? Probably -- his ego rubs me the wrong way as well as the way he played the negotiation situation. But he got results and he overhauled the team with some great talent. But time will tell down the stretch whether it would have been worth tying over unheard of resources in him.

Also, consider this: the ceiling for CU is a lot higher than USF. They've got Oregon, Utah, USC, etc. on their schedule. If they win 10 games, they're a Top-10 team. We have Charlotte, Rice, FAU, etc. If we win 10 games, we might be Top 20 at best. Do we need an $11 million+ per year staff for that type of schedule? I don't know that the payoff in the AAC would be worth it.

In a word... yes to all of it. We are a program on life support. Forget his record at JSU, the fact that he brought in the number 1 recruit to play at an FCS school tells me what I need to know. People want to play for him. Fans want to cheer for him. In this conference, you recruit well enough and you win. CWT showed us that. CWT is not a good coach (FSU-CWT proves this).

In your scenario above, his value ($$) almost certainly makes up the ~$4M delta between him and Goach. What's the value of potentially getting in on a conference realignment vs staying where we are? If there was ANY scenario where VPMK could have made him come here, we better not find out that there was some sticking point that held it up.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Ladies and gents, there has never been more desperation than there was this past off-season. I'm not ready to say Goach will be a bad hire, I saw some good things, but we needed a home run, not a solid single to start the inning. After Prime went to CU, we really should have turned to Leavitt. We simply cannot endure another losing season, losing fan base, losing hope. We can't.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  268
  • Days Won:  1

One whole game and here come the people trying to show everyone how smart they are about how this coach sucks. 

So mature. Truly an opinion I find offensive. And not just one thread--- what are you up to now-- 5 threads? Someone seeks attention

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Everybody likes to be the first.

It is ridiculous, but it too will pass.

• Go Bulls! 1