• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ok! I can will say it. USF still can’t find a coach

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, hm101 said:

Every one has strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately I think a weakness of his is the lack of focus and urgency on victories in the games on the schedule. He's got the polish, donations are up, was able to politically maneuver the USF system to get the stadium, etc. But he comes across as either neutral to dismissive of the on-the-field results. 

The last Bull Speed Ahead, there was no mention of the need to win, the importance of victories, of what fans have gone through the last few years. It's very ivory tower. That was a perfect opportunity to address things and candidly address the sentiment around USF's and thus his performance. Sadly just a lot of talk about how great the crowd was at the volleyball game that we lost. Tone deaf. 

Why would there be any urgency when USF allowed him to extend himself for have the worst results in the AAC  for football the sport that brings in the most money?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, JAFFX2 said:

The problem is hiring coordinators that were coordinators in name only and no real play calling responsibility.  Both of the last two hires were coordinators with no real play calling experience.......learning how to coach on the job just isn't gonna cut it...........

So, I guess him calling plays for Tenn last year doesn't count? He is miles from Jeff Scott.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, JAFFX2 said:

The problem is hiring coordinators that were coordinators in name only and no real play calling responsibility.  Both of the last two hires were coordinators with no practical experience.......learning how to coach on the job just isn't gonna cut it...........

Jim_Leavitt_in_2016.jpg
EN.M.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Yall are killing me. Cmon. Do better...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Golesh makes sense on paper and it will take some time for the offense to get clicking. If he can run this offense against SEC competition I think it is just a matter of time in this conference. The defense is the real problem and we weren't able to process as many guys out of the program as needed in order to fix it. If we don't get a bunch of dudes in recruiting and transfers to fix the defense then I don't think he will be able to turn things around with him.

Defense didnt cost us this game, it was the offense or lack of it.  Way to many HB dive plays offense lacked creativity at times, needed to get our speed guys in open space. to make plays. This can be corrected will have to see if it is.  The offense at times looked good and at times looked so vanilla...was that Golesh calling the good plays and then letting OC call some and then it stunk?  Who knows. 

I think of all aspects of this team the O line pass blocking has me most concerned.   Defense looked good getting stops up the middle unlike last year when teams would run untouched the first 5 yards up the middle...so that is nice.  Defense if they can stay healthy will get better. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Sk00b said:
Jim_Leavitt_in_2016.jpg
EN.M.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Yall are killing me. Cmon. Do better...

It is definitely a hoot fo sho

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Defense didnt cost us this game, it was the offense or lack of it.  Way to many HB dive plays offense lacked creativity at times, needed to get our speed guys in open space. to make plays. This can be corrected will have to see if it is.  The offense at times looked good and at times looked so vanilla...was that Golesh calling the good plays and then letting OC call some and then it stunk?  Who knows. 

I think of all aspects of this team the O line pass blocking has me most concerned.  

540 yards ... 375 on the ground

Come on man .... the 3 turnovers by the qb were the key offensive mistakes mixed in with too many penalties, poor o-line play at times, and a few too many defensive breakdowns

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Come on man .... the 3 turnovers by the qb were the key offensive mistakes mixed in with too many penalties, poor o-line play at times, and a few too many defensive breakdowns

Lack of offense at key times...specifically 2nd quarter. 

We ran well and Yes BB definitely has to protect ball better. 

I think alot of this can be corrected so that Is a positive.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

5 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Really as I think through this I believe it is just a young QB and bad lines. Need to see some real improvement on both sides of the line and it will make everyone better.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241

Bunch of people making excuses. Golesh filled his pants today. He's not the guy at all. Played a service academy offense and despite being gifted a lead couldn't even cover. You can tell when someone has it and when they don't. He doesn't. Look how quickly prime time turned around Colorado. That's the impact we need. Fire him today and start the next search. Maybe gruden is interested. Or Leavitt. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, hm101 said:

Every one has strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately I think a weakness of his is the lack of focus and urgency on victories in the games on the schedule. He's got the polish, donations are up, was able to politically maneuver the USF system to get the stadium, etc. But he comes across as either neutral to dismissive of the on-the-field results. 

The last Bull Speed Ahead, there was no mention of the need to win, the importance of victories, of what fans have gone through the last few years. It's very ivory tower. That was a perfect opportunity to address things and candidly address the sentiment around USF's and thus his performance. Sadly just a lot of talk about how great the crowd was at the volleyball game that we lost. Tone deaf. 

+1000