• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How can students watch away games?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

Well, it's a case of not having any reason to transit Boy Scout. It's odd to look back on how amped up we were in the way-back-when. I remember often thinking, we need to be there early to get a table (Capogna's, Beef O'Bradys). Now? I don't know if @mutt still drives Capogna's venue or not. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Walkon’s on 56 in Wesley Chapel for Pasco County Alumni.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Having been out of the loop for a time, have all of the watch parties for USF disappeared? Capogna's? Selmon's? I know they're not proximity close to USF, but an option perhaps. 

Walk Ons in Wesley Chapel I believe hosted the Pasco Alumni watch parties last season. @BDYZR may be able to confirm.

Edit: Sorry. Posted the reply without going to the next page again.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Did you hear anything about the Polk Alumni Association making a comeback?

I got an email the other day about a Polk Alumni virtual meeting on September 13. POC is Omar M. Nevarez Ramos, onevarez@usf.edu

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

20 hours ago, KB said:

Irish 31?

20 hours ago, Brad said:

Looks like FAC logo and Irish 31 was or is owned by a former USF football player (and has hosted before).  Would make sense.

The Irish 31 in the Westshore Plaza mall closed down and a Mexican restaurant is in its place.   There is an Irish 31 in Hyde Park and one in Westchase, plus others in the surrounding area.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

3 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

The Irish 31 in the Westshore Plaza mall closed down and a Mexican restaurant is in its place.   There is an Irish 31 in Hyde Park and one in Westchase, plus others in the surrounding area.

There's one in Wiregrass Mall in WC. Have only been there once but remember it being pretty good.

16 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Having been out of the loop for a time, have all of the watch parties for USF disappeared? Capogna's? Selmon's? I know they're not proximity close to USF, but an option perhaps. 

16 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Sadly, Selmon's is no more.  Used to love to watch there and at Capogna's when I lived in Pinellas.  Now I have to go to my basement theater or south Charlotte if I want to hobnob with other longsuffering Bulls fans.

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

Selmon's has been closed for 5 years .....

Selmon's started to rapidly decline at the end when either management changed or someone else took over the business.   It has been a while so I do not remember the details.   The food quality started to decline, and the bar area was kind of dirty.   There is nothing more annoying than fruit flies buzzing around while you are trying to eat and drink.  It is not that hard to prevent them.  Keep the place clean and do not let fruit sit out and rot.   The service at the bar also declined too where the bartenders would barely acknowledge your existence.   I do not mind exercise, but I do not want to do jumping jacks just so the bartender knows I want another beer.   You got better service if you could get a table since the waiters and waitresses were always attentive.   There were a few times USF got booted out of the main room for other schools; probably because they had larger regular crowds and we only showed up for away games.

I hope this new place shows us some respect; however, I am not enthusiastic about paying for parking downtown.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

15 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

booted out of the main room for other schools;

Is that a polite way of saying FSU? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that was one of our instances. 

7 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Is that a polite way of saying FSU? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that was one of our instances. 

I was thinking of the one time it was a Viginia school.   UVA or VT; I do not remember.  Now that you mention it there was an instance where we got booted for FSU.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

20 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

At the block party, they announced the "official" Tampa watch party for WKU will be at the District Tavern at Channelside/Water Street.

Lol I live right across the street from District Tavern. 

1922A6C2-1A56-4A90-B5D4-FE5B6103DF5F.jpeg

• Go Bulls! 2