• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How can students watch away games?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

I’ve shared a bit here about myself before, but I’m starting my first semester at USF on Monday. I was at community college last year and became a full-blown Bulls fan after going to pretty much every home football and basketball game.

Now I’m wondering if there’s anywhere that the away games are broadcasted for students? I don’t have ESPN+ or any extra streaming services, and it would be fun to watch with other Bulls fans.

Maybe somewhere like the Marshall Student Center?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

I dont know if usf athletics does any official student watch parties, but seems like it would hopefully increase student interest along with campus pride. I would reach out to ad mk with an email. Back in my days at usf we would all gather up and pregame at someone's house. Some times we made it to the bar and sometimes we just  watched it at the house and raged all day and night . 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I miss the days I lived in Tampa and The Bulls Pen hosted watch parties.  That was a good time.  Also the watch party I attended out here with @The Sheriff - when he introduced me to endless mojitos.  That was the 2007 Rutgers game.

Anyway, @Bullfrog, I wish I could help you with more information but I don't have much at this point.  There was a sports bar (Irish 31 or something like that) that hosted USF away games and there also a fellow board member's place that hosted as well @Pye Road Meadworks.

There should be something on campus, but I've not heard about it.  This would be a real good thing to push to the top.  Again, wanting to be big time program, this would be a no brainer.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

I’ve shared a bit here about myself before, but I’m starting my first semester at USF on Monday. I was at community college last year and became a full-blown Bulls fan after going to pretty much every home football and basketball game.

Now I’m wondering if there’s anywhere that the away games are broadcasted for students? I don’t have ESPN+ or any extra streaming services, and it would be fun to watch with other Bulls fans.

Maybe somewhere like the Marshall Student Center?

I've been working to increase support for athletics from students on the USFSM campus.  A game day event would be nice for the students down south too.  In the past I messaged the Student Bulls Club thinking maybe they could help.  You could try that.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

31 minutes ago, Brad said:

I miss the days I lived in Tampa and The Bulls Pen hosted watch parties.  That was a good time.  Also the watch party I attended out here with @The Sheriff - when he introduced me to endless mojitos.  That was the 2007 Rutgers game.

Anyway, @Bullfrog, I wish I could help you with more information but I don't have much at this point.  There was a sports bar (Irish 31 or something like that) that hosted USF away games and there also a fellow board member's place that hosted as well @Pye Road Meadworks.

There should be something on campus, but I've not heard about it.  This would be a real good thing to push to the top.  Again, wanting to be big time program, this would be a no brainer.

So who needed bailing out after endless mojitos you or him? IF you ever go to Miami go to Calle Ocho aka Little Havanna and go to the Old Havana Cuban Bar and Cocina. They make the  best mojitos ever.

Edited by Outlaw

Me.  

Something for the locals to monitor:

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Irish 31?

Looks like FAC logo and Irish 31 was or is owned by a former USF football player (and has hosted before).  Would make sense.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Hopefully the stadium one day