• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our new rivals.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

It's Great ... to HATE  ;D

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I'm gonna have to go with UCF...littledrummerboy makes a very good point in that most rivalries are within the same state/proximity. Growing up as a Carolina lover/Duke hater, I think rivalries are more fun when it stays within the state.

I also agree with the media helping to make it a rivalry-they are going to play up the War on I4 like crazy!

Looks like there are really two different types of rivalries. The superficial, media driven ones like some want to make UCF and then rivalries that are born on the field with numerous games being regularly played with meaningful stuff hanging on the outcome .....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286
  • Days Won:  0

UCF and USF are obvious rivals.. not just from an athletic standpoint, but from an academic standpoint, a geographical standpoint, and a social standpoint.. ok, so we've kicked their asses in sports, but it doesnt change the fact that both schools are very similar and are only 1 hour away from each other..

the people who dont acknowledge UCF as a rival are just USF snobs that give the rest of us a bad name.. they dont consider them a rival because "eww.. we dont want to associate ourselves with that school".. but the fact remaining is that the same hatred that is channeled into snobbiness is the same hatred that they have for UCF-- hatred = rivalry

I normally agree with "The People's Champ", but not this time my friend.  Although we share some obvious similarities with UCF, those similarities in and of themselves don't by necessity make for a legitimate rivalry.  Athletically, USF's football program is on rise.  And, although at this point in time there may be some strong parallels between the two programs (for example we're both playing in our first bowl game this year) I see these parallels as temporary.  Because of our University administrations obvious commitment to athletic excellence, as seen in our programs unparalled climb, it must be concluded that our program is destined for greatness.  

At the rate we are progressing, in 5 to 10 years I believe USF will be annual contenders for a national championship, if not sooner.  UCF has had a significant head start and already we're passing them bye, USF's days of being compared with UCF will be short lived in my view.  Soon, USF will be in new company.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

At the rate we are progressing, in 5 to 10 years I believe USF will be annual contenders for a national championship, if not sooner.  UCF has had a significant head start and already we're passing them bye, USF's days of being compared with UCF will be short lived in my view.  Soon, USF will be in new company.

With the recruiting the last 2 years, as well as where it looks like it's going now, make that 2 years to National Title contention.  

How can UCF be even considered a rival?  We've played the game once.   Their fans being major-class a-holes does not make for a rivalry.  USF being their biggest game this season (and biggest for next season) does not make for a rival.  

The fact is the only thing UCF has to loose in these games is respect (if they have any left).  Not the sort of atmosphere we want in a "rivalry".  

I can't say it enough.. Louisville is our rival.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

With the recruiting the last 2 years, as well as where it looks like it's going now, make that 2 years to National Title contention.  

How can UCF be even considered a rival?  We've played the game once.   Their fans being major-class a-holes does not make for a rivalry.  USF being their biggest game this season (and biggest for next season) does not make for a rival.  

The fact is the only thing UCF has to loose in these games is respect (if they have any left).  Not the sort of atmosphere we want in a "rivalry".  

I can't say it enough.. Louisville is our rival.  

You were on a roll until the last sentence. It takes two to have a rivalry and I really don't think L'ville considers us one right now ......... it may happen just not right now.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

You were on a roll until the last sentence. It takes two to have a rivalry and I really don't think L'ville considers us one right now ......... it may happen just not right now.

So far the home team has won the all these games (I know, a whopping 3), with the last 2 coming as blow-out wins.  Louisville fans are still in shock that we got invited with them to join the Big East, not to mention ruining their season this year.  

With our brief history, Louisville looks like the only team on future schedules that has had interesting games with us.   If we keep this up, 2-3 years Louisville is right on track to become our biggest rival.    

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

It's Great ... to HATE  ;D

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.   ;D

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Plus, it was us who deflated their Rose Bowl hopes on 9/24.  Don't think they won't remember that come next year.

Louisville is one of many new rivals we have.  UCF isn't one of them.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

How can you seriously look forward to the UCF game on the schedule?

I am glad all of those dumbasses get off from waiting tables at disney to make the Tulsa game. But we would have crushed Tulsa.

I will be glad when we work thru our CUSA obligation and not play them again. They are below us. bottom line.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ok so the students on the board consider UCF a rival and the nonstudent/alumni don't.

1) Who ever said we don't compete w/ UCF for recruits hit yourself in the head, most of the guys we're recruiting hard have UCF on their list and vice versa.

2)  Name a cross country rivalry BESIDE ND/USC...I'm waiting (Va Tech/Miami...Maybe...but not that close of a rivalry).

3)  No matter how bad the program is Louisville will always consider UK their rival at all aspects over us.

4)  Some of you proved that rivalries are made by media into being a rivalry. Ask any FSU fan what game they would want to win the most! Its not Miami, thats a media driven rivalry.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1079&tid=64033363&sid=&style=2

That should answer most questions as to what fans see as bigger.

5) Ask the casual fan who our rival is...I bet ya they say UCF, not because their illinformed, but because they consider them a rival.