• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sure many remember this tragic event.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

looking forward to the movie

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

I find stuff like this fascinating:

"

Crews are using huge water tanks, which were also used in films like "Captain Phillips." French said Florida is not ideal for film production, saying the state lacks film tax incentives and huge water tanks.

"We are likely to come to Clearwater to do some exterior shots to help establish where the film is set for authenticity, but it probably will not include any of the lead actors because we’ve already shot those roles, and honestly, that’s a byproduct of the lack of state incentives for film and the fact that Florida doesn’t have the kind of open water facility that we need to shoot a major motion picture like this and do it safely," said French."

about incentives

https://www.wrapbook.com/blog/film-industry-tax-incentives

turns out there is about fourteen states that offer no incentives. 

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

9 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Florida doesn’t have the kind of open water facility

Didn't Sea World close up the Shamu thing?  If that isn't big enough they can use the pond in back of our house. We'll see how they deal with gators.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785

I haven't spent a ton of time delving into the whole "tax incentive" thing, which - just me - sounds like bakshish, but a lot of states are backing off of the idea or paring it down. I seem to recall that there was some Ybor City themed mafia flick that was shot in North Carolina again the tax credit issue being the reason. But...it's just a movie. Two hours of distraction. It'll be interesting to see how this one shakes out. Don't know that I'd actually spring for theater tickets, but I'm sure it will wind up on some media platform. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,638

Yes - I remember and read the book. I think at the time of the book, at least one of the Buc victim’s family was not happy about it.   Wonder if they are involved this time. 

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

7 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

I haven't spent a ton of time delving into the whole "tax incentive" thing, which - just me - sounds like bakshish, but a lot of states are backing off of the idea or paring it down. I seem to recall that there was some Ybor City themed mafia flick that was shot in North Carolina again the tax credit issue being the reason. But...it's just a movie. Two hours of distraction. It'll be interesting to see how this one shakes out. Don't know that I'd actually spring for theater tickets, but I'm sure it will wind up on some media platform. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

This film was recently shot in Tampa. It has a huge connection to USF. It was written and directed by a USF grad (and friend of mine). One of the main producers is also a USF alum.

I went to the Tampa public screening a couple of months ago. They talked about the lack of incentives to film in Florida but wanted to shoot in Tampa regardless.

It's a funny movie. Lots of familiar Tampa area locations. Hopefully, it'll get picked up for streaming somewhere later this year.

Throwback.png

The Throwback, a film starring Will Sasso, filmed all over the Tampa area...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

Those of you who might remember the years when I ran the USF site at Rivals.com might recall that I did a weekly player diary annually. One year it was Andre Hall, a second season was Nick Capogna, and a third was Will Bleakley - who died in this accident. Such a great guy. Don’t think I could bring myself to watch this film, even now . . . 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Those of you who might remember the years when I ran the USF site at Rivals.com might recall that I did a weekly player diary annually. One year it was Andre Hall, a second season was Nick Capogna, and a third was Will Bleakley - who died in this accident. Such a great guy. Don’t think I could bring myself to watch this film, even now . . . 

anywhere to review that content now? I'd be interested in all 3 players.