• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF 113/117 Fewest Penalties Per Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

There are a lot of people on here driving up that would enjoy the time just picking your brain with questions about USF football from your time period. I'd be willing to say a ride would be easy to find on here with one of our beloved fans driving up. When DRube, Ronnie Banks, Mattie Gunz, Bunti, and I drove to the 'Canes game, even Drube talked for a while... kinda blew me away the fellow opened up because you probably know how quiet Rube is around groups of people he's not too familiar with. Some of the stories that got told by people on that trip would've made you fall over laughing in either disbelief or shock.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I personally cannot stand the clips and blocks in the back on kickoffs.  

So do I..... but that can be said about just every college and professional football team out there.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Lets get back to talking about how much Rod Smith sucks, and HOW you guys think he got in this position....the one that he's not qualified for and definitely not ready for.

;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Lets get back to talking about how much Rod Smith sucks, and HOW you guys think he got in this position....the one that he's not qualified for and definitely not ready for.

;D

I usually don't judge when it comes to things I'm not very knowledgeable about - but I was talking to another former player the other day - and more and more I hear about how players and former players think Rod Smith should be gotten rid of...... even if he shouldn't be, it's a problem that people don't have confidence in a coach and a leader...... that ought to be reason enough to reconsider his employment. I've NEVER heard a player question Leavitt's job; only those who Leavitt has tossed around a bit and they're mad at him for it, but never for incompetence. Does anyone have an insider view on Rod Smith's job security after this season?

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

Is that better than last year or not I cannot remember.

Better in Yards Penalized Per Game at 104/117

I don't have the standings for USF as compared to all of I-A nor do I have any special insight into the coaching staff. But here are the stats for the year for USF since 2001.

Here are the last 5 seasons for comparison, average per game.

2005 - 9.3 for 73.7 yds per game (doesn't include bowl game)

2004 - 9.6 for 82.5 yds per game

2003 - 9.4 for 83 yds per game

2002 - 11.6 for 98.7 yds per game (school record)

2001 - 10 for 88 yds per game

So, the penalties per game are staying about the same, but the yards per game are trending down. I think this reflects less of the stupid personal foul penalties than in the past.

Most penalties in a game.

18 - @TCU, 45-44 USF win in OT 9/25/04

18 - Cincinnati, 31-16 USF win 11/19/05

Fewest penalties in a game

2 - Drake, 22-23 loss 9/20/97

2 - @ECU, 38-37 USF in OT 11/08/03

Most penalty yards in a game

164 - @TCU, 45-44 USF win in OT 9/25/04

137 - Cincinnati, 31-16 USF win 11/19/05 (Tied for 8th most)

Fewest penalty yards in a game

15 - @ECU, 38-37 USF in OT 11/08/03

22 - Drake, 22-23 loss 9/20/97

Kizarvexis

Edit: added most and fewest penalties in a game.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231

I don't have the standings for USF as compared to all of I-A nor do I have any special insight into the coaching staff. But here are the stats for the year for USF since 2001.

Thanks Kizarvexis, great breakdown.