• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF 113/117 Fewest Penalties Per Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Is that better than last year or not I cannot remember.

IA National Team Report

Fewest Penalties Per Game

RankNameGamesPenaltiesYards PenalizedPenalties Per GameYards Per GameWinsLossesTies

113South Fla.11102811 9.27 73.73650

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?div=4&rpt=IA_teampenalties&site=org

Better in Yards Penalized Per Game at 104/117

IA National Team Report

Fewest Yards Penalized Per Game

Rank      Name      Games      Penalties      Yards Penalized      Penalties Per Game      Yards Per Game      Wins      Losses      Ties

104      South Fla.      11      102      811       9.27       73.73      6      5      0

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?div=4&rpt=IA_teamyardspenalized&site=org

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just a small correction.  There are 119 D1A teams.

FAU and FIU are the Reclassifying/Provisional

teams and they are better than we are so I left the number on the more positive side.

RankNameGamesPenaltiesYards PenalizedPenalties Per GameYards Per GameWinsLossesTies

Fla. Atlantic     11917378.2767.00290

Florida Int'l     11857407.7367.27560

They are not provisional. They are full-fledged members of the Sun Belt conference in I-A.

The better way to read this is that USF is 4th WORST in penalties and 13th WORST in penalty yardage.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  45

Well, NC State wasn't much better with penalties.  We were flat out terrible in the first half of the season (ranked second to last at one point), then seemed to get them under control somewhat toward the end.  

The more I hear about USF, the more similar our teams appear.  

They are not provisional. They are full-fledged members of the Sun Belt conference in I-A.

The better way to read this is that USF is 4th WORST in penalties and 13th WORST in penalty yardage.

Well I was quoting the NCAA stat sheet ( http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?div=4&rpt=IA_teampenalties&site=org  ), but that is probably a better way to say it.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this has been an ongoing problem at usf

leavitt has repeatly failed to correct this problem year after year

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  146

Penalties are a big deal to Coach Leavitt.  When I played, Coach would hire some of CUSA refs in the spring and during preseason, to come to our practices and referee.  That way as players, we could see what would be called and what wouldn't.  We also had meetings with those refs periodically to discuss good and bad things they saw from a referee's point of view.  

As far as disciplinary action goes, if an offensive player got a penalty, then he, personally, would have some sort of punishment that was always grueling and the entire offense would run extra for every penalty.  And the same went for the defense.  Any special team penalty was just added to the teams weekly sprint total.

Again, penalties are a big deal to CJL.  Why we are so penalized?  I don't know.  Part of it lies with the fact that we play such an aggressive style of play, that it is a given that you are going to occasionally get some pass interference calls and so forth.  The tough penalties to deal with are the false starts and illegal formation penalties which lies more on the shoulders of the Offensive Coordinator than anybody.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Penalties are a big deal to Coach Leavitt.  When I played, Coach would hire some of CUSA refs in the spring and during preseason, to come to our practices and referee.  That way as players, we could see what would be called and what wouldn't.  We also had meetings with those refs periodically to discuss good and bad things they saw from a referee's point of view.  

As far as disciplinary action goes, if an offensive player got a penalty, then he, personally, would have some sort of punishment that was always grueling and the entire offense would run extra for every penalty.  And the same went for the defense.  Any special team penalty was just added to the teams weekly sprint total.

Again, penalties are a big deal to CJL.  Why we are so penalized?  I don't know.  Part of it lies with the fact that we play such an aggressive style of play, that it is a given that you are going to occasionally get some pass interference calls and so forth.  The tough penalties to deal with are the false starts and illegal formation penalties which lies more on the shoulders of the Offensive Coordinator than anybody.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What position did you play?

Do you mind revealing your identity?

Since you've BEEN there, I'd love to hear your thoughts about our offense and what needs to be done to fix it?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

ive said it before and ill say it again...i could careless if we were last in penalties...but i cannot stand the false starts!!!

fsu and miami are always in serious penalty problems and it doesnt seem to hold them back.

in college talent can overcome penalties but offensive penalties against a weak offensive team can KILL you.

anyone who watched us this season knows t hat