• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

Spoke with someone today who is definitely in the know with respect to OCS renderings (can't tell you who). But that person confirmed that the OCS is still in "intense design phase" and that renderings won't be published until that phase is complete. There is no timetable (the focus is on getting it right, not getting it done quickly), and a release of renderings is not imminent. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but thought I should pass that nugget of info along...

I think it's great news!

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

I just want them to start placing future orders for concrete and materials now at negotiated pricing before we begin competing with the Rays and the City of SP for said materials, 2 very big projects.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I just want them to start placing future orders for concrete and materials now at negotiated pricing before we begin competing with the Rays and the City of SP for said materials, 2 very big projects.

.  Daniel Craig Nodding GIF by PBS SoCalOur project should finish a couple of years earlier at least. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

If done right, I would take the 35k “boutique” style stadium over a 50-60k bowl type stadium. It’s always quality over quantity and low supply drives high demand. I really like that the Rays recognize that their game going fan base doesn’t require a 69k seating and scale down with luxury suites instead, it looks high quality and on tv a 90% full 30k attendance will look better than a 75% fill 40k stadium. Same goes for our OCS, I am really happy with the approach so far. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

59 minutes ago, michibull said:

If done right, I would take the 35k “boutique” style stadium over a 50-60k bowl type stadium. It’s always quality over quantity and low supply drives high demand. I really like that the Rays recognize that their game going fan base doesn’t require a 69k seating and scale down with luxury suites instead, it looks high quality and on tv a 90% full 30k attendance will look better than a 75% fill 40k stadium. Same goes for our OCS, I am really happy with the approach so far. 

I agree. I think ADMK also said that it would be expandable, in case we get into a P5 conference and need the extra capacity one day. I think the ability to expand without demolishing the structure is important.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, michibull said:

I really like that the Rays recognize that their game going fan base doesn’t require a 69k seating 

Wonder how many millions in market research studies it took for them to figure that out!  Glad they got that one right, unfortunately, from an attendance perspective, they got the location part wrong (I know, I know, it's about the $$$).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

45 minutes ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:
1 hour ago, michibull said:

I really like that the Rays recognize that their game going fan base doesn’t require a 69k seating 

Wonder how many millions in market research studies it took for them to figure that out!  Glad they got that one right, unfortunately, from an attendance perspective, they got the location part wrong (I know, I know, it's about the $$$).

I'm sure they carefully studied the St. Petersburg fan-base demographic before making their plans.  Perhaps their mixed-use development will contain an in-stadium ACLF for us longer-in-the-tooth fans.

106-year-old Tampa Bay Rays fan gifted tickets to home game | wtsp.com

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

54 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I agree. I think ADMK also said that it would be expandable, in case we get into a P5 conference and need the extra capacity one day. I think the ability to expand without demolishing the structure is important.

Luckily they hired the best in the world in designing stadiums, because if their is some type of shade structure, that would in my mind take away any expansion as a second level.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

14 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Luckily they hired the best in the world in designing stadiums, because if their is some type of shade structure, that would in my mind take away any expansion as a second level.

I'm sure a structural engineer and/or architect can figure out how to both provide for shade but also leave open the possibility of expansion. While aesthetics are important, these functional/practical concerns are equally important, if not more so.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

16 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I heard if you order your supplies too early they'll all be rusted out by year two.

• Haha 2