• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

34 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I know I have posted this here before, but I will post it again. 

Scott Kull, who came from TCU, was here in 2017 and literally told me about the conversations USF had been in with the Big XII. Their biggest issue with USF was lack of revenue coming in from playing at RJS and that we'd be a more attractive candidate if we had an OCS. This is what prompted the OCS survey that went out later that year.

You can believe whatever you'd like. I know what I was told and I have absolutely no reason to lie about this.

27 minutes ago, Brad said:

Objection: Spoken word is seldom documented.  Lack of documentation does not make it not so. 

Well now it is documented - thank you John.  Must be true now.

I have no doubts about the conversation, I do have doubts that’s what people think when someone says something like we were told it would have been impactful to our application 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,410
  • Days Won:  3

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have no doubts about the conversation, I do have doubts that’s what people think when someone says something like we were told it would have been impactful to our application 

Huh? I'm confused.

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

I know I have posted this here before, but I will post it again. 

Scott Kull, who came from TCU, was here in 2017 and literally told me about the conversations USF had been in with the Big XII. Their biggest issue with USF was lack of revenue coming in from playing at RJS and that we'd be a more attractive candidate if we had an OCS. This is what prompted the OCS survey that went out later that year.

You can believe whatever you'd like. I know what I was told and I have absolutely no reason to lie about this.

USF leadership really screwed up not beginning the stadium planning back in 2009/2010. 

I feel like they should have announced a stadium build under Holtz. I have always been a proponent of a 40,000 seat on campus stadium all the back to 2008. 

In hindsight, we probably would have built it too large considering our higher attendance in the 2005-2010. 

But if we had a stadium completed by 2015, I think our attendance and program would have been a lot stronger since that time. 

The biggest value the OCS provides is a much better fan experience for students which will increase the number of graduates who are football fans. OCS will absolutely increase attendance. 

While USF was not my first choice when enrolling, but I’m so proud of USF and glad I attended. Honesty it’s hard to imagine any other university being a better experience for me because USF allowed me accomplish everything I wanted and more. But I do believe an OCS will increase the the student and alumni experience, making USF even better.

An OCS is long past due!

35,000 is the perfect size. Football game attendance is down across the board, empty seats benefit no one. 

I think USF will eventually be in the Big12 or ACC within the next decade. It will be a long wait, but we will step up in competition from the American. The landscape might just the the P2 by then, but we’ll at least no longer be in the lowest tier. 

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Sk00b said:

Huh? I'm confused.

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

You think conversations like this are what most people have in mind would be reasonable to have even a passing consideration on spending $350 million dollars on?  You would think it would have to be a pretty official not only is this a requirement but it’s the only thing holding you back for it be considered to any degree. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,410
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You think conversations like this are what most people have in mind would be reasonable to have even a passing consideration on spending $350 million dollars on?  You would think it would have to be a pretty official not only is this a requirement but it’s the only thing holding you back for it be considered to any degree. 

Ahh got it now.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

I know some people saw the alleged renderings for the stadium earlier this week that I had to take down at request of the poster.  

You couldn’t see from those, at least I couldn’t see, whether or not there were overhangs for shade.

What was interesting watching the BULLSEYE feature tonight was that BJ Daniels talked about the noise in the Seattle Seahawks stadium.  He said the sound all bounced back down because of the overhangs there  (I suspect for rain), and created a loud environment. 

I’m sure our USF people know this but if we put overhangs in there for sun and they can magnify the noise in a small 35,000 person stadium that would be awesome.  

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  2,961
  • Days Won:  2

UTSA's stadium is a 64,000 seat stadium I was just reading.  I hope we have some extras in our smaller place.  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

The reason we went with a small stadium is to make sure we have more fans viewing on TV from home because the stadium was sold out. Increasing TV viewers is what gets us into a better conference, game attendance doesn’t. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

Think we could get this guy to make an appearance in the new OCS?

Tommy the giant Western Mass. ox making a splash on TikTok - Boston News,  Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  2,961
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, Gismo said:

The reason we went with a small stadium is to make sure we have more fans viewing on TV from home because the stadium was sold out. Increasing TV viewers is what gets us into a better conference, game attendance doesn’t. 

Think About It GIF by Identity