• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

BOG has a lot of docs up for the meeting next week on our stadium. For anyone worried the Project Summary document already has a recommendation section filled in..

One of the docs also mentions 10,000 in scholarship seating, assuming thats the size of the student section

Maybe, but I would think scholarship seating are the season tickets that have built in scholarship funding charge as part of season tickets.

image.png

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

59 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Yeah...we're taking out 200 million in debt service for a 340 million dollar project.

Houston's stadium is nice enough for us and that was 128 million in 2014 (about 165 million today). Not sure why getting something like that + a 25 million football ops center, and then only needing 50 million in debt service wasn't a more considered option.

However this is a stadium Populous is building in Germany right now for less than 340 million...swap out those trees for some Palms and I'd be proud to call this Tamplona 

muccc-arena-munich-populous-events-germa

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

14 minutes ago, bulloni said:

However this is a stadium Populous is building in Germany right now for less than 340 million...swap out those trees for some Palms and I'd be proud to call this Tamplona 

Gee, it seems awful far away for an OCS...

• Haha 4

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/22/2023 at 1:15 PM, Triple B said:

It's going to be determined by how we're playing, not who we're playing.. We got 34.5K for our conference home opener against ECU in 2018. In 2019, we had 29K for our second to last conf home game against a ranked Cincy team ....

Exactly.   People want to come to the games and watch the Bulls steamroll over other teams.   They do not want to watch an endless game of 3 and outs.

Some other bigger schools in Florida sell out even when they play scrubs.   The fans know they are there to witness a beat down.   USF needs to learn how to beat down opponents again, especially lower level scrubs.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

6 hours ago, hightechbull said:

Some other bigger schools in Florida sell out even when they play scrubs.   The fans know they are there to witness a beat down.   USF needs to learn how to beat down opponents again, especially lower level scrubs.

Yeah they want to come with the family and do their traditions, barely pay attention, and then leave.  If only that snap didn't go over the head at the swamp.  It was a done deal.  Oh well.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

On 8/22/2023 at 1:21 PM, Brad said:

Maybe, but I would think scholarship seating are the season tickets that have built in scholarship funding charge as part of season tickets.

image.png

All season tickets now have scholarship seating built into the ticket price.

So what is our paid season ticket holder base?  Does that jibe with the 10K seats mentioned?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

I ask that question ever year to the ticket person who calls me and they will never give me the answer lol

I used to get it straight from ticketing back in the day.  I imagine in these times it could be more difficult to obtain - for obvious reasons...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

14 minutes ago, Brad said:

So what is our paid season ticket holder base?  Does that jibe with the 10K seats mentioned?

Let me find that out.

Pretty sure it's North of 15,000 in regards to paid season tickets.

• Go Bulls! 1