• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looking at the 2023 Schedule. How Will Navy be??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

A lot of the fans I know were not happy with how the coaching change went down and wanted the AD removed.

This sounds familiar.

Edited by Outlaw

2 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Predicting doesn't cost anything. It's the same as 'wishful thinking', 'hope', etc. And if it doesn't pan out, you can always say 'hey, it was a prediction, not a guarantee'. We're dealing with a starving fanbase, and any glimmer of hope gets embraced, if not amplified.  

Wooly's Crystal Bull Ball Prediction: USF will not lose every single, solitary game on the schedule for fall of 2023. 

I'm comfortable with that. 😆

I am hoping to see some improvement on the defense from day 1 and at least four wins to say we have improved. Now I have no idea what to expect with another first year head coach, lots of returning bodies on defense, lots of transfers out on offense , and a lot of new transfers in. I hope we improve but I will wait until the halfway point to evaluate AG unless we are getting blown out every game ( will not include Bama on this).  I hope AG works out much better than JS. He did have to work his way up by grinding and using his coaching skills. He coached different positions and worked his way up at multiple programs. AG seems a little more knowledge and intense than the previous guy, but you only will be able to tell after seeing his team on the field.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

13 hours ago, Outlaw said:

This sounds familiar.

Not even close to our situation. Many of the fans still love Coach Ken and were irritated that he was unceremoniously let go, only to be replaced by his assistant.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

14 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I am hoping to see some improvement on the defense from day 1 and at least four wins to say we have improved. Now I have no idea what to expect with another first year head coach, lots of returning bodies on defense, lots of transfers out on offense , and a lot of new transfers in. I hope we improve but I will wait until the halfway point to evaluate AG unless we are getting blown out every game ( will not include Bama on this).  I hope AG works out much better than JS. He did have to work his way up by grinding and using his coaching skills. He coached different positions and worked his way up at multiple programs. AG seems a little more knowledge and intense than the previous guy, but you only will be able to tell after seeing his team on the field.

This is how I feel, too.  Improvement on defense (or at least an indication that we will not give up points on every possession) should be detectable from day 1.  And yes, we have no idea what to expect with a 1st year head coach, but we should be able to win 4 games against this new AAC competition.  I have a hard time believing that things could be worse than they were during the last regime just because I think it would take effort and concentration to try to get a worse outcome than last year.  Most of us on this board could have coached the team and got the same W/L results we got last year.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475

52 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

This is how I feel, too.  Improvement on defense (or at least an indication that we will not give up points on every possession) should be detectable from day 1.  And yes, we have no idea what to expect with a 1st year head coach, but we should be able to win 4 games against this new AAC competition.  I have a hard time believing that things could be worse than they were during the last regime just because I think it would take effort and concentration to try to get a worse outcome than last year.  Most of us on this board could have coached the team and got the same W/L results we got last year.

Most of us on this board knew what plays were coming on offense and could easily see the holes being left on defense…

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

58 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Most of us on this board could have coached the team and got the same W/L results we got last year.

I would have done it, but we were undertaking a lot of renovations here at the ranch and I just couldn't commit to the sort of time and effort required.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Just now, WoolyBully said:

I would have done it, but we were undertaking a lot of renovations here at the ranch and I just couldn't commit to the sort of time and effort required.

I hear you.  Going 1-11 and only beating the FCS team would have been easy.  Sitting there and having to do press conferences while we sucked would have to be unbearable.

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

Not even close to our situation. Many of the fans still love Coach Ken and were irritated that he was unceremoniously let go, only to be replaced by his assistant.

I was referring to the most successful  coach  at usf not the last guy.