• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoops roster-builder thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

42 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Having Stroud and Youngblood on the team will help, and I think they have the talent to keep up in the AAC. Just not sure about the other recruits.

We will see.  Anything less than 14 to 16 wins would be disappointing. 

I think Jose Placer was a great grab too. In 77 games over 3 season at North Florida he is averaging 14.3 PPG, 3.0 APG, 80% FT, 43.8% FG, and 36.1% from 3 on 6 attempts per game.

That includes 13 games against P5 teams + Gonzaga. In those games he averages: 9.2 PPG, 2.8 APG, on 35.2% FG

Not bad when surrounded by North Florida players facing the Kentucky, UCLA, Miami, Florida, Gonzaga, etc. I'd feel confident he averages those P5 counting stat #'s here, but on better efficiency since the AAC is a step below those teams.

Having a guy like this as the first guard off the bench behind Youngblood/Miguel could be huge.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  776
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, bulloni said:

I think Jose Placer was a great grab too. In 77 games over 3 season at North Florida he is averaging 14.3 PPG, 3.0 APG, 80% FT, 43.8% FG, and 36.1% from 3 on 6 attempts per game.

That includes 13 games against P5 teams + Gonzaga. In those games he averages: 9.2 PPG, 2.8 APG, on 35.2% FG

Not bad when surrounded by North Florida players facing the Kentucky, UCLA, Miami, Florida, Gonzaga, etc. I'd feel confident he averages those P5 counting stat #'s here, but on better efficiency since the AAC is a step below those teams.

Having a guy like this as the first guard off the bench behind Youngblood/Miguel could be huge.

I am not sure if Placer came here to be the first guy off the bench in his final season.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

Don't sleep on Kobe Knox.  I love the film on the kid.  Very athletic, good skills and plays great defense.  I would love to see what he could do if given serious minutes.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Practically everyone in college hoops is going to have to contend with the new roster every year concept. The ones that do will be successful. It definitely helps us that he's bringing three of his guys from KSU. That should help ease some of it.

I may be totally off base but, even in the Portal Era, I have doubts that practically everyone is having to fill 10 roster spots like he was talking about us having to do. I do agree that the 3 KSU players, along with our 3 staying, will help with the continuity but this year is still going to be a total crap shoot ....

34 minutes ago, Craw Delli said:

Don't sleep on Kobe Knox.  I love the film on the kid.  Very athletic, good skills and plays great defense.  I would love to see what he could do if given serious minutes.  

And this is why I don't see Dante Oliver coming here. Some have said here that a coach should be able to recruit his own son. Should he recruit his son if he is going to sit the bench? I wouldn't. I would tell him to find a school where he would get serious minutes to develop. And then maybe recruit him 2 or 3 years down the road.

With Placer, Jennings, Youngblood, Miguel, and Knox, I don't see Oliver getting any minutes at all if he were to come here.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I am not sure if Placer came here to be the first guy off the bench in his final season.

It will be up to him to prove to the coach in practice and when the season starts that he is good enough to start.  I am sure every guy when they sign with a team think that they will start. I think there will be plenty of minutes for him. 

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

It will be up to him to prove to the coach in practice and when the season starts that he is good enough to start.  I am sure every guy when they sign with a team think that they will start. I think there will be plenty of minutes for him. 

Placer and KSU played in the same conference. I don't think he needs to prove anything to Coach Rahim, especially after dropping 30 pts on KSU in one game. Coach Rahim already knows how good he is in having to game plan against him.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,126
  • Days Won:  56

Looks like New York high school PG Jayden Reid will be announcing his choice at 4 p.m. We're in the running. He'd be a good young guy to add to the mix to be our future point.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

22 hours ago, Craw Delli said:

Seems cold blooded

In conference tourney semi-final game of a 1 bid conference he scored 18 of his teams first 30 points en route to a 3 point win. Didn't miss a single shot or free throw doing it either.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,483
  • Days Won:  13

27 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Looks like New York high school PG Jayden Reid will be announcing his choice at 4 p.m. We're in the running. He'd be a good young guy to add to the mix to be our future point.

its 4:01pm. What did he say?