• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoops roster-builder thread

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

so if it does not work out, we can assign blame to you as well?

I've got big shoulders .......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I like Udeh and would love to see him here. However, it is interesting you like him but don't like Anthony Robinson because I you can see is his dunking on smaller guys. Unless you have other evidence, it's exactly the same that I have seen from Udeh. In fact, I have seen more evidence of ball handling from Robinson than Udeh.

Seriously? You're comparing a two-star dunking on some small kids in high school to a five-star dunking on Big XII defenders?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

17 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Seriously? You're comparing a two-star dunking on some small kids in high school to a five-star dunking on Big XII defenders?

BTW: Here's a second game highlight for Robinson . . . 

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

Udeh would be a huge get. Probably too huge. USF was his first D1 offer back in the day. Maybe that will count for something…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

I wonder why it is that when anyone starts something with “as my pops used to say”, it usually turns out to be something stupid?

Some of us learned some important life lessons from our dads. Wasn't sure if you were kidding or not.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Some of us learned some important life lessons from our dads. Wasn't sure if you were kidding or not.

It’s more the verbiage than the content ….

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779
  • Days Won:  2

18 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Seriously? You're posting videos of freshman play and trying to say this is the player he is 4 years later? He is actually a 3-star recruit and Udeh was a 4-star recruit but none of that really matters because I have seen many 2-star recruits who were better than 4 star recruits.

Here is a scouting report of Udeh's weaknesses: Not a polished offensive player. Has limited shooting range. Tends to play upright and needs to refine his footwork. Does have a go-to right handed jump hook. Not a ball handler and is mechanical in his passing but tends to make the correct read.

So, according to this report, Udeh can't shoot and can't dribble, two things that you said that you had not seen any evidence of Robinson doing. I will add that Udeh shot 41% from the FT line, while Robinson shot 60+%. It seems as if you are trying to win an argument by posting misleading information instead of just acknowledging that we differ on our views of these athletes.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Seriously? You're posting videos of freshman play and trying to say this is the player he is 4 years later? He is actually a 3-star recruit and Udeh was a 4-star recruit but none of that really matters because I have seen many 2-star recruits who were better than 4 star recruits.

Here is a scouting report of Udeh's weaknesses: Not a polished offensive player. Has limited shooting range. Tends to play upright and needs to refine his footwork. Does have a go-to right handed jump hook. Not a ball handler and is mechanical in his passing but tends to make the correct read.

So, according to this report, Udeh can't shoot and can't dribble, two things that you said that you had not seen any evidence of Robinson doing. I will add that Udeh shot 41% from the FT line, while Robinson shot 60+%. It seems as if you are trying to win an argument by posting misleading information instead of just acknowledging that we differ on our views of these athletes.

This article explains that Robinson was a late bloomer and that it became apparent to major programs that USF had gotten a steal. I guess you know more than major programs by just watching old videos of players.

fotor_2023-4-26_23_36_7.jpg

Tony Bennett has made a late addition to his 2023 class. Big man Anthony Robinson announced his commitment to Virginia today.

2 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Freshman play? There’s the misleading information. One video is labeled Feb. 2022 and the other is Feb. 2023. That would be junior and senior seasons. No, I don’t know better than the coaches or scouts. They made Udeh a McDonald’s All-American and signed him to the defending national champion. The other guy signed to a mid-major team coming off an 8-win season. I’ll tell you which one I’d prefer. I wish Mr. Robinson nothing but success, but yes, I’d take Udeh.

And imagine a UVA website writer describing him as a late bloomer and future star - who will likely redshirt? He actually described Robinson exactly the way I did - a potential “rim protector” who’ll play some defense, grab a few rebounds but not someone you’ll “run your offense through.”

BTW, I never said I didn’t want the kid, just that I wasn’t going to shed any tears that he didn’t wind up at USF.

Edited by Dave_Glaser