• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoops roster-builder thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

Reality is, Robinson is gone and we won’t get Udeh, but this guy could be a really good alternative . . . and a realistic alternative since his coach is now on our staff.

haynes-1.jpg?strip=1&w=640

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — East Tennessee State University’s second-leading scorer from last season has followed its leading scorer into the NCAA...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

If we need some bulk and a guy who’s not afraid to mix it up, I like this cat. We were mentioning Hakim and Gary Alexander? There are serious similarities here . . . Very similar size at 6-8/255.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

100% in favor of bringing the Haynes kid on board. Takes up a lot of space under the rim. 

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

If we need some bulk and a guy who’s not afraid to mix it up, I like this cat. We were mentioning Hakim and Gary Alexander? There are serious similarities here . . . Very similar size at 6-8/255.

Hakim  was actually only 6"5   and Gary was only 6"7.. They were total beasts      

• Go Bulls! 1

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779
  • Days Won:  2

23 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Freshman play? There’s the misleading information. One video is labeled Feb. 2022 and the other is Feb. 2023. That would be junior and senior seasons. No, I don’t know better than the coaches or scouts. They made Udeh a McDonald’s All-American and signed him to the defending national champion. The other guy signed to a mid-major team coming off an 8-win season. I’ll tell you which one I’d prefer. I wish Mr. Robinson nothing but success, but yes, I’d take Udeh.

And imagine a UVA website writer describing him as a late bloomer and future star - who will likely redshirt? He actually described Robinson exactly the way I did - a potential “rim protector” who’ll play some defense, grab a few rebounds but not someone you’ll “run your offense through.”

BTW, I never said I didn’t want the kid, just that I wasn’t going to shed any tears that he didn’t wind up at USF.

The day the video was posted does not necessarily mean that it the day that it was recorded. I would think that you would know this. In the video that you keep referring to, I see an obviously much younger player, both in his physical appearance and more youthful appearance of his face. The style of play is also very different.

10 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

The day the video was posted does not necessarily mean that it the day that it was recorded. I would think that you would know this. In the video that you keep referring to, I see an obviously much younger player, both in his physical appearance and more youthful appearance of his face. The style of play is also very different.

Dude, I know you want it to be what you want it to be, but the facts just don’t align. I would think that you would know this. Here are the YouTube tags on the videos:

7FB8A41F-3300-4494-8335-08BD53F5D810.jpeg

F258E2F2-D8FF-416B-BEF5-5FD3C42D23A9.jpeg

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Dude, I know you want it to be what you want it to be, but the facts just don’t align. I would think that you would know this. Here are the YouTube tags on the videos:

7FB8A41F-3300-4494-8335-08BD53F5D810.jpeg

F258E2F2-D8FF-416B-BEF5-5FD3C42D23A9.jpeg

You're right about the dates. And I did not watch the new video you posted. I just recognized the previous video you posted and knew that it was not recent. You win! Anthony Robinson sucks and will not do well in college basketball.

Not a zero sum game.  Good sports make it more fun to discuss.

• Upvote 1