• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to continue starting quarterback search after spring ball - The Oracle

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

So does GB's year with Baylor not count towards anything?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

All I will say on the matter is this...Brown is the best passer that I have ever seen in a USF jersey and he runs pretty well too.  Bohannon is a slightly better Pat Julmiste...Jeff Scott got fired because he didn't start Brown from day 1.  Will Golesh make the same mistake?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

30 minutes ago, jg233 said:

All I will say on the matter is this...Brown is the best passer that I have ever seen in a USF jersey and he runs pretty well too.  Bohannon is a slightly better Pat Julmiste...Jeff Scott got fired because he didn't start Brown from day 1.  Will Golesh make the same mistake?

A little early on your first point but won’t debate that.  For you to compare Julmiste to GB is ******* insane, GB can run circles around and through people, don’t remember Julmiste doing much of either.  GB is so much better that it makes me question if you even remember Julmiste’s play at all. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

34 minutes ago, jg233 said:

Of all the criticisms of CJS I've seen, this has to be the most clueless ..... maybe if BB was All-American and played defense.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

45 minutes ago, jg233 said:

Animated GIF

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

For you to compare Julmiste to GB is ******* insane, GB can run circles around and through people, don’t remember Julmiste doing much of either.  GB is so much better that it makes me question if you even remember Julmiste’s play at all. 

I didn't even bother to address that tomfoolery ..... and I loved that linebacker we had playing qb. Although I will defend PJ just a little on the rushing dis. Julmiste did have 814 yds rushing and 14 TD's here. Not much worse than GB but he was more a short yardage option with half the ypc than GB. So PJ couldn't really run circles around people but he could definitely run through them ........ I'll never forget a run he had up the middle where he blew up a linebacker, probably FCS, though.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I didn't even bother to address that tomfoolery ..... and I loved that linebacker we had playing qb. Although I will defend PJ just a little on the rushing dis. Julmiste did have 814 yds rushing and 14 TD's here. Not much worse than GB but he was more a short yardage option with half the ypc than GB. So PJ couldn't really run circles around people but he could definitely run through them ........ I'll never forget a run he had up the middle where he blew up a linebacker, probably FCS, though.

He was big and slow in my recollection and was more of a statue back there with sub par accuracy.  Did not realize he had that many yards though, good sneak guy and little else, maybe because the team was bad is the reason my memories are tainted. 

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He was big and slow in my recollection and was more of a statue back there with sub par accuracy.  Did not realize he had that many yards though, good sneak guy and little else, maybe because the team was bad is the reason my memories are tainted. 

Averaged 2.7 ypc but that probably included a ton of sneaks with some longer runs against FCS teams. What's weird is that he was qb the year we came closest to winning a conf title until Taggart, with maybe his worse year statistically ..... of course, that was Andre's first year here.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I remember PJ running some dudes over, never shied away from contact. Struggled with accuracy in passes.

Glad to see Andre Hall in the alum game.  That dude was fun to watch.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

I think we can’t place too much stock in last years performances. Golesh has a completely different style of offense and pace. I think it’s an open competition because each QB needs to be evaluated for how Golesh WANTS to play and then decide how we CAN play. We cannot have a QB by committee, it never works. We said this last year and it was a disaster like it was the year before that and the year before that. By week 1, there has to be a commitment on one guy and you go from there. If by week 6, it’s been a disaster, then talk about making a change, but not before then. 

• Upvote 1