• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you guys think it would look like if we went Independent in all sports?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Sounds complicated.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

59 minutes ago, Brad said:

Sounds complicated.  

Keeping things alive that are meant to be dead tends to become increasingly complicated as you exhaust reasonable options.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Keeping things alive that are meant to be dead tends to become increasingly complicated as you exhaust reasonable options.

Like your decade long whining about the AAC ..... ?

Just now, Triple B said:

Like your decade long whining about the AAC ..... ?

No, this is the inverse. The greater strides that have to be made to keep the AAC unnaturally alive will naturally feed the disgust that we are partly responsible for this abomination. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,392
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Where's South Alabama and Georgia Southern?

Seriously I wish AAC would have added a Georgia school to help connect the geography better 

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

No, this is the inverse. The greater strides that have to be made to keep the AAC unnaturally alive will naturally feed the disgust that we are partly responsible for this abomination. 

Man!! I been here with the program since day 1. I was part of the C-USA defense team against all the critics. Now I’m part of the AAC defense team and happy to see us reunite with more of our lost long C-USA friends. How can you not be excited about that?!??!

18 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Man!! I been here with the program since day 1. I was part of the C-USA defense team against all the critics. Now I’m part of the AAC defense team and happy to see us reunite with more of our lost long C-USA friends. How can you not be excited about that?!??!

We were in C-USA for an entire season so that should not have been much of a defense you had to mount but either way the only teams I wanted to be friends with in that conference were TCU, Louisville and Cincinnati all of who are not in this conference and have moved to the P5; I also was not mad with Houston and Memphis but even half of them are now gone. The Conference USA we were in was worlds better than what is left of this conference and the AAC before even any attrition was not this appealing:

2003 Conference USA football standings
Conf     Overall
Team   W   L         W   L  
Southern Miss $   8 0         9 4  
No. 24 TCU   7 1         11 2  
Memphis   5 3         9 4  
Louisville   5 3         9 4  
South Florida   5 3         7 4  
Houston   4 4         7 6  
UAB   4 4         5 7  
Tulane   3 5         5 7  
Cincinnati   2 6         5 7  
East Carolina   1 7         1 11  
Army   0 8         0 13  

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We were in C-USA for an entire season so that should not have been much of a defense you had to mount but either way the only teams I wanted to be friends with in that conference were TCU, Louisville and Cincinnati all of who are not in this conference and have moved to the P5; I also was not mad with Houston and Memphis but even half of them are now gone. The Conference USA we were in was worlds better than what is left of this conference and the AAC before even any attrition was not this appealing:

2003 Conference USA football standings
Conf     Overall
Team   W   L         W   L  
Southern Miss $   8 0         9 4  
No. 24 TCU   7 1         11 2  
Memphis   5 3         9 4  
Louisville   5 3         9 4  
South Florida   5 3         7 4  
Houston   4 4         7 6  
UAB   4 4         5 7  
Tulane   3 5         5 7  
Cincinnati   2 6         5 7  
East Carolina   1 7         1 11  
Army   0 8         0 13  

And before that I was on the defense team for the Metro Conference. Also we got screwed being an independent in FCS. We got skipped over by Colgate for the playoff spot basically because we were not in a conference. I be damned if we go independent again. You didn’t have to suffer like us old school USF fans did. You basically jumped on Leavitt bandwagon. 

6 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

And before that I was on the defense team for the Metro Conference. Also we got screwed being an independent in FCS. We got skipped over by Colgate for the playoff spot basically because we were not in a conference. I be damned if we go independent again. You didn’t have to suffer like us old school USF fans did. You basically jumped on Leavitt bandwagon. 

I cannot help that I started USF in 1999, I do not know that we had many fans that didn't attend the University back then (kind of like we are back to now, so that's nice). 2001 we were independent and got screwed out of a bowl game but we went on the road and beat Pitt and it is one of my top three favorite seasons. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I cannot help that I started USF in 1999, I do not know that we had many fans that didn't attend the University back then (kind of like we are back to now, so that's nice). 2001 we were independent and got screwed out of a bowl game but we went on the road and beat Pitt and it is one of my top three favorite seasons. 

Now you know why we are against going  independent. We will be fine