• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Moving on from Odom. Who is plan C? What a dumpster fire

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

50 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Ugh. Glad I’m in vacation in Spain

I'm going to Italy in early June. Can one of you guys text if we find out who the new coach is while I'm there?

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, jchem1995 said:

I’m thinking it’s May.

I don't see any way it would be. He's going to be in line for much larger jobs than moving laterally within his conference for maybe a little more money and a better arena.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Grant McCasland could feel like a hire that isn't a total whiff

• At the age of 30 took over an FIU team that hadn't had a winning record in 12 years, went 18-14 in his only year there.
  • Coached in the Big 10 at Minnesota from the ages of 31-38. Had an overall record of 141–123, made the postseason 3 times, but only had a winning record in conference once.
  • Took over a 6-16 team, went 13-19 in year 1, and then 22-12 year 2 and made the NIT at New Mexico.

Thoughts? Struggling so much in conference play at Minnesota causes concern, but it could be that a 31 year old kid was just in over his head at the BIG 10. He seems to have bounced back nicely though and has some consistency turning around a mid major pretty instantly

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, bulloni said:
  • At the age of 30 took over an FIU team that hadn't had a winning record in 12 years, went 18-14 in his only year there.
  • Coached in the Big 10 at Minnesota from the ages of 31-38. Had an overall record of 141–123, made the postseason 3 times, but only had a winning record in conference once.
  • Took over a 6-16 team, went 13-19 in year 1, and then 22-12 year 2 and made the NIT at New Mexico.

Thoughts? Struggling so much in conference play at Minnesota causes concern, but it could be that a 31 year old kid was just in over his head at the BIG 10. He seems to have bounced back nicely though and has some consistency turning around a mid major pretty instantly

HE WAS A FINALIST?!

AS IN, WE WERE TAKING OUR TIME CONSIDERING WHETHER OR NOT TO HIRE HIM?!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

8 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

HE WAS A FINALIST?!

AS IN, WE WERE TAKING OUR TIME CONSIDERING WHETHER OR NOT TO HIRE HIM?!

Pinching pennies at USF, our credit card bills are too high after paying guys to no longer coach here.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

19 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Better option then Capko but Richard Pitino doesn't inspire confidence. At Minnesota had a 54-96 conference record. At New Mexico had a 13-22 conference record . In 10 years of coaching at Minnesota and New Mexico only once over .500 in conference.

Would be a below average hire. What about Richey from Furman?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

Pitino would be a good hire! Not sure why he would leave New Mexico so quickly, as he seems to have had success there and is similar school.

Why do so many out of town journalists (i.e. - Mark Ziegler, etc.) seem to have scoops on our Coaching search and yet our local ones have nothing?

The coverage of USF is brutal!

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Maybe it’s just that these guys don’t want to come here.  Maybe something about our history of losing/mediocrity?  Would you want to manage a restaurant in a location or with ownership that fails consistently? I get the feeling we are the fallback choice for these guys. We are the party that they say “maybe” to while they wait to see if there’s something better to do that night.

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

Better option then Capko but Richard Pitino doesn't inspire confidence. At Minnesota had a 54-96 conference record. At New Mexico had a 13-22 conference record . In 10 years of coaching at Minnesota and New Mexico only once over .500 in conference.

Would be a below average hire. What about Richey from Furman?

Richey has been successful and I could be sold on him. But only being an assistant at Charleston Southern, then Furman, then taking over a Furman team that won 20+ games and keeping them successful makes me nervous.

Feel like Jeff Scott's issue was he had only ever really been at one place and never had to take part in a rebuild before.