• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women busted again (NCAA)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  603
  • Content Count:  16,389
  • Days Won:  43

Just now, The Sheriff said:

We won’t get past Marquette. However if we do survive Marquette, why be scared to face South Carolina? If you want to be the best, you must beat the best. Bring on USC in the first round. Knock ‘em down and keep pushing forward. 

Ric Flair Wrestling GIF by WWEIf you want to be the man. You must first beat the man! As the Nature Boy would say 

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,126
  • Days Won:  56

Not scared to face USC, but just trying to finally find a path to the second weekend and it’s not likely when you have to play No. 1 of 68 the first weekend. Not gonna matter anyway, because Marquette is better than us.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Why are we assuming Marquette is better than us? 

It's an 8/9 game for a reason. If Marquette was better, they would have been seeded higher. 

The team has had some time off and a chance to look at what went wrong. You all seem to have forgotten that this is the same team that beat two top 25 opponents and would have beaten OSU if not for ridiculous referee calls. 

Marquette has wins vs. Texas and UConn. Not assuming they’re better, but their resume is as strong as ours - and the Big East is a multi-bid league, unlike the AAC. I think the BE got four bids - 3 at-large. Only our loss in the tournament made the AAC a 2-bid league.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Marquette has wins vs. Texas and UConn. Not assuming they’re better, but their resume is as strong as ours - and the Big East is a multi-bid league, unlike the AAC. I think the BE got four bids - 3 at-large. Only our loss in the tournament made the AAC a 2-bid league.

We beat Texas too. Marquette also lost to UCONN by 29 a week ago. There must have been something off that I'm unaware of about that game they won vs UCONN.

Edited by USFBulls12

15 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

We beat Texas too. Maquette also lost to UCONN by 29 a week ago. There must have been something off that I'm unaware of about that game they won vs UCONN.

I’m just saying their wins are as good as ours, and they play in what is considered a significantly stronger league that earned three at-large bids beyond UConn’s auto. If we had gotten the auto bid, the AAC would not have had an at-large. So it looks like a pretty even matchup, as you would expect in an 8/9 game.

But they come in having won 7 of 9 - with their two losses to NCAA Tournament teams UConn and Creighton. We have two losses over the same stretch, but ours are to two teams that didn’t make the tournament.

if you’re evaluating the game, you probably take them. Of course, you have to look deeper at the teams to see how they match up based on each team’s strengths and weaknesses. I don’t know enough about them to go that deep. That’s why they play the games. Let’s hope we do beat them on Friday and get a crack at getting hammered by SC.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,730
  • Days Won:  0

It was awesome getting to meet the players last night at the Dome. They are all such nice young ladies. 

If you squint really hard you can see my wife, daughters, father-in-law, and me in the stands cheering during the announcement video of our team. 

Regardless of our tournament draw, that type of experience is so fun. I'm looking forward to the tournament games and to seeing how these rising sophomores (and any new additions) can do in the next three years.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

Championships aren't won by avoiding the best. At some point you have to face the best out there. Can never get behind the idea of trying to avoid a team to a championship. If you're the best, it doesn't matter who is in front of you.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

It was awesome getting to meet the players last night at the Dome. They are all such nice young ladies. 

If you squint really hard you can see my wife, daughters, father-in-law, and me in the stands cheering during the announcement video of our team. 

Regardless of our tournament draw, that type of experience is so fun. I'm looking forward to the tournament games and to seeing how these rising sophomores (and any new additions) can do in the next three years.

Glad you went to the event. Last night was supposed to be our first venture out but my wife's surgery to remove the rods and pins on Thursday set us back a bit and there was no way she could make it. We've had a chance to meet most of them and sat with Dani, Mariana and Carla at dinner up in Raleigh.  Nice group.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

Cheerleading has not been busted by the NCAA yet.