• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gregory Gone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

Sure... especially if you only care about football and men's basketball.  Success in tennis or golf or track and field or sailing doesn't matter.

It's not what I care about.  it's about what brings in $$ and T&F, volleyball, lacrosse, etc doesn't pay the bills.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Not to keep rehashing it, but some of us just disagree with Kelly's vision and so far we have no proof that his system of stability is a winning formula.

“When I observe all of the recent turnover in college sports and the frequent turnover in USF athletics historically, it is my belief that USF’s best path forward to success is through continuity and stability in as many leadership positions as possible,” Kelly said. 

uew41j7e3hog9eelqnue

Fourteen South Florida Bulls head coaches now under contract through at least 2023.

He fired the FB and MBB coach this year for losing so value isn't placed on stability over winning,  Not sure why people insist on bringing up the contract extensions from a year ago

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

"So far"? It's only been a little over a year ...... but if you want immediate proof, T&F just produced a national champion. Common sense tells you that the best path forward is through continuity and stability but common sense also tells you there also has to be results in there at some point. MK's been pretty decisive when it comes to that. He gave CBG 6 years but CJS less than 3. Like I said before, no AD hits on them all but it's how you handle the misses that matter ...... along with the number of misses ... that factor into their performance.

Stability and continuity is real important when you're a successful winning organization, however when you're mired in futility for as long as USF athletics has been stability and continuity should not be the driving force.  SUCCESS and WINNING should be.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Bullcocky said:

Don't extend failing coaches on a hope and prayer that they will turn things around. Reward success not failure. If I cost my job millions of dollars on poor decisions, I would be canned too. Those millions could have really helped all of our athletic programs. I wonder how many members of this board have donated millions to athletics? How would you like to know that usf threw it in the trash?

That's not what happened.  He gave them another year to turn it around and then canned them

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

All the patience, understanding and support is inspiring.  I can’t wait to know what success feels like.  

It's only been a decade ...

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Stability and continuity is real important when you're a successful winning organization, however when you're mired in futility for as long as USF athletics has been stability and continuity should not be the driving force.  SUCCESS and WINNING should be.  

You probably need to stop using USF Athletics since you're only concerned about 2 sports.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's only been a decade ...

:roflmao:

Just now, Triple B said:

You probably need to stop using USF Athletics since you're only concerned about 2 sports.

Yes.  I happen to only care about football and MBB.  By the same token, they also happen to be the 2 sports that bring in the most $$.  Also, success or failure in football has been and will continue to be one of the main driving forces in realignment.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What % of USF fans still hanging on would be concerned primarily with the two most popular sports at USF?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Yes.  I happen to only care about football and MBB.  By the same token, they also happen to be the 2 sports that bring in the most $$.  Also, success or failure in football has been and will continue to be one of the main driving forces in realignment.  

It definitely was this last time and will probably play a large part next time but all the "powerhouse" G5 football programs, outside of maybe Boise, have moved up so there's going to be other criteria that may weigh heavier the next time, if there is one.