• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I have changed my mind, after this showing vs ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

Its almost 11 AM Tampa time. Still haven't heard anything. Looks less and less likely that Gregory will be fired. I think its a big mistake if he doesn't get fired , and one that could cost Kelly his job if there is no improvement next year. But it is what it is.

• Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

26 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Its almost 11 AM Tampa time. Still haven't heard anything. Looks less and less likely that Gregory will be fired. I think its a big mistake if he doesn't get fired , and one that could cost Kelly his job if there is no improvement next year. But it is what it is.

I don't think it will cost Kelly  his job. In my opinion, the thing that would cost Kelly his job is if Alex Golesh turns out to be the second coming of Jeff Scott.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Sad,y basketball is an afterthought in realignment. Football drives the bus and I wouldn’t be surprised with new Football coach, OCS that basketball changes get kicked down the road.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

16 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I don't think it will cost Kelly  his job. In my opinion, the thing that would cost Kelly his job is if Alex Golesh turns out to be the second coming of Jeff Scott.

Exactly!  I don’t think USF makes a move in hoops unless there is slam dunk coach begging for the job.

15 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

if  Gregory stays, and next year basketball is much the same, and we have had only one winning season in 11, Kelly's job should be on the line. Especially knowing that the move should have been made last year, and we could have been well on our way back to being decent at basketball. Men's basketball is the second most important sport, and there is really nothing like playing in the tournament. If Kelly doesn't realize that I really don't think he is the right person for the job. Any other school and Gregory would be fired today.

27 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Sad,y basketball is an afterthought in realignment. Football drives the bus and I wouldn’t be surprised with new Football coach, OCS that basketball changes get kicked down the road.

if that's the case what was the point of spending all that money on basketball facilities if we are unwilling to spend money on a decent coach.

If Kelly is unwilling to make winning in basketball a priority, attendance for basketball games next year will go down even more. At that point I really cant blame the fans.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Lee Butler was brought in last year with a bunch of different titles but it seems he has some direct role over basketball, what exactly that role is, who. Knows, however,  I wonder how much input he has on coaching decisions, ie hiring and firing.

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

44 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

At that point we would be toast anyway.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

If Kelly doesn’t make a move or at least talk to the fans about the goals for basketball this team won’t draw flies next season. Not sure why people show up now. This program hasn’t given the fans much in a long time. 

2 minutes ago, BullDut said:

If Kelly doesn’t make a move or at least talk to the fans about the goals for basketball this team won’t draw flies next season. Not sure why people show up now. This program hasn’t given the fans much in a long time. 

Yes, and no matter what personally I will continue to support USF, but if there is zero commitment from our leadership to winning in basketball, there is no doubt that apathy will trickle down to the fanbase

• Upvote 1