• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WOO...HOO... Leavitt Limping into...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

This team is slowly getting better, we just have to be patient.

Just think that two years or three years ago we would have been lucky to have one 3 games with this years schedule.

Now if in 5 years we are playing at the same level, then we could have a problem.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

Oh, just wait until next year. Famous last words...

yes.. yes, my little one.. let the frustration out!  i agree, this season is a complete letdown on all fronts, but primarily the coaching staff... i'm sick and tired of people harking on what leavitt has done getting us here-- i dont think anyone will argue what he's done in D1AA, BUT THIS IS BIG EAST D1A FOOTBALL, QUIT LIVING IN THE PAST!!!  if you guys want to soak up the good feelings of beating austin peays and kentucky wesleyans, then do so, because the focus of my attention isnt on the past, its on the present-- and presently our head coach choked away the big east that was there for the taking

beginning of the season, i didnt expect to beat PSU and Miami, but i did feel like we could capture the big east.. my only concern games were louisville and wvu.. well, the UL game proved to me that we have the talent to win the big east, it was just a question of our coach and our quarterback being prepared week in and week out.. well, they didnt prepare, we didnt win... on talent alone, i think we deserve to go to a bowl game, but on effort, i dont think so.. we did not maximize our potential on the field, and thats jimbo's fault.. guess what, we're stuck with him through 2 more presidential terms

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

The attitude of this board (or maybe the attitude of the fans) needs to change. Too happy about getting a team, too happy about the new facility, too happy about getting into the Big East.

All those things have already happened, and they are in the past. You people seem a little too happy about losing. Sports is about winning and losing. Period. Throw everything else in there you wish, and it's still about winning and losing.

I attended USF when there wasn't a football team. Kept wondering to myself why they didn't build up the basketball team if they weren't ever going to have a footaball team. Never happened. Still has never happened.

Football team gets talked about. Everyone gets excited. Build up. Jump divisions. Get some wins. Jump into Big East, and BINGO, expectations rise IMMEDIATELY. Not down the road, not in a few years. IMMEDIATELY.

Leavitt continually makes poor coaching calls, has undisciplined teams, and loses to teams USF could play with, and beat, and all along everyone gives him a trail of flowery 'that's okay's' - 'cus wait til next year. Ain't buying it. Next year SHOULD have been this year.

Keep 'em coming. Leavitt isn't the guy. USF will not finish any better that 7-5 with him coaching in the next few years. Heard it here first. Been around the sport enough to know talent, see talent, and watch the man in charge.

That's why I'm pissed. Contract extension. Mediocre coach leading a team to mediocre seasons...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Days Won:  3

You CODs  (cult of doomers)  are really something to chuckle at.  I'll be cheering on the Bulls in Charlotte.

I agree.  A lot of the bawlers seem to have a very weak grasp of how the timeline works. It's alarming to think that someone - being completely serious - honestly believes that by this point in time USF should be squaring off agianst USC.

Settle? Do you honestly expect outrage at a winning season, and our first bowl appearance? Your perspective really could do with some adjustment.

However, I think as a sign of protest regarding the abysmal management of the USF football program, you should set the example by boycotting all future USF games (home, away, bowl, etc.) and to further drive home your level of contempt for the program, refrain from posting on this board, thus depriving us "settlers" of your valuable insight.  Yeah...that'd teach us a lesson!  ::)

Leavitt continually makes poor coaching calls, has undisciplined teams, and loses to teams USF could play with, and beat, and all along everyone gives him a trail of flowery 'that's okay's' - 'cus wait til next year. Ain't buying it. Next year SHOULD have been this year.

seriously.  the discipline is a huge redflag as to the deficiencies in his coaching.. i too, am sick of giving this guy a free pass.. he has all the weapons to run with the big dogs, he just isnt using it... WE ARE IN FLORIDA, the talent is there, it just needs to be used properly.. if teams like UCF can go from 0-11 to being in their conference championship in 1 year, why cant we take the big east, which was very down this year.. BTW, we had 2 of the preseason big east's bests at home this year, yet we choked away an opportunity to win the big east due to loses to PITT and UCONN

It's alarming to think that someone - being completely serious - honestly believes that by this point in time USF should be squaring off agianst USC.

i like how you put words in people's mouths... no one ever said anything of competing for a national title-- yet.  however, it is NOT unreasonable to believe we couldve taken the big east this year, arguably the worst BCS conference that was there for the taking... especially when you've got the most talented team, loaded with florida talent and florida speed, and you couldnt get them up to finish off a pittsburgh team when you were spotted 17 pts in the 1st quarter?  or a uconn team that was 4-5?

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

I agree.  A lot of the bawlers seem to have a very weak grasp of how the timeline works. It's alarming to think that someone - being completely serious - honestly believes that by this point in time USF should be squaring off agianst USC.

I think they have a geometric or logarithmic timeline for USF, not realizing that as USF moves up in the ranks, the competition gets better and better and it gets harder and harder for USF to get better and better quickly. Breaking into the big name team league is a catch-22. To win big, you need the big players, but to get the big players you have to win big. The seniors on this team were recuited when USF was in it's last year of I-AA and making the transition to I-A. Some, like Royals, played in 2000 in USF's last year in I-AA.

Rome wasn't built in a day and USF becoming a player on the national scene will take time. Be patient.

Heck, USF as a football team, is still learning to walk.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Jfcohio is just a cranky old loser.  Have fun being miserable your whole life.

Oh, and don't go to Charlotte.  Wouldn't want you to have to see Leavitt on the sidelines for the most momentous game in USF's history.  Stay home and watch Tulsa on TV instead.

No, see, I'm not a cranky old loser. I'm a happy educated want-to-be-winner. Leavitt isn't the guy that's going to bring those wins to me.

I have a great life. I love my job, make good money, have a beautiful girlfriend. But, I want the sports teams in which I root to do one thing - win. There is ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NO REASON that shouldn't be happening RIGHT NOW. Next year? Kiss my ass with your next years.

Like I said, Weis turned Notre Dame around in ONE season. They have been pathetic for at least the last decade. You know what he did? He gave them discipline, hope, and a game plan. Wow. Rocket science.

Leavitt can't keep the O-line from false-starting 5 times a game. Two different sides of the spectrum. But, that's okay, you go ahead and be all warm & fuzzy about the $5 Car Wash Bowl. I'll watch the game, and root for USF. May even drink a few beers and fart some.

But, won't be happy knowing they could have been playing as the Big East Champion. Oh, you know, we shouldn't have probably won that in the first year anyway....sorry....my bad.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

So, is the glass half full or half empty?

I'm thinking half full myself.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

To crappy losses. Two PROGRAM CHANGING loses. How can you possibly be happy to just say, "Oh well, we made it to a bowl game, and we weren't even suppose to do that this year". Why didn't they win? Why couldn' they have won the Big East? Why couldn't they be getting millions & millions of dollars to be in a BCS bowl game?

Oh, just wait until next year. Famous last words...

**** HAPPENS....we were expected to go 2-9 this year and went 6-5 we qualify for a bowl and will take it.  thats why god made tomorrow...geez 2004 was a bad season I agree but we find out '04 was sacrificed for '05 which could have been beautiful but it was just good looking. from 4-7 with a weak schedule to 6-5 with a hard schedule...IMPROVEMENTS BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS...remember we are recruiting against UF FSU UM just in this state so I think the future looks beautiful...SO BLOW ME