• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ranking the top 10 coaching hires of 2022-23 cycle - 247Sports

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,032
  • Days Won:  10

Most papers or websites don't have him ranked that high. Understand why since he still is a big question mark, and has everything to prove. Doesn't mean much now and we will know in about a year or so. Hope he is hungry to prove doubters wrong.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

These type rankings are for "entertainment" purposes/message board fodder only ...... Revisit in 3 years, minimum.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

These type rankings are for "entertainment" purposes/message board fodder only ...... Revisit in 3 years, minimum.

I agree except with the revisit in minimum of 3 years part. We will know much sooner then that.

If he is a good hire he will get us to a bowl game in year 2. Anything less and he is either an average or bad hire.

Now I would agree that he gets 3 years; assuming its not a total wreck like Scott was.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

Obviously we will see how it all works out, but Herman and Chadwell are both ranked higher than the Goach.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,128
  • Days Won:  56

I’m hopeful, and using my favorite NFL team for inspiration that it can be done. Brian Daboll took a really pedestrian Giants roster that won 4 games last year and has them thinking they can win a Super Bowl in year one.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Obviously we will see how it all works out, but Herman and Chadwell are both ranked higher than the Goach.

There were only 2 on the list with no head coaching experience so it was probably to be expected he'd be at, or near, the bottom. The only other one was ASU's Dillingham at 7 and he was ahead of Herman and the guy with one year at FCS Incarnate Word.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

There were only 2 on the list with no head coaching experience so it was probably to be expected he'd be at, or near, the bottom. The only other one was ASU's Dillingham at 7 and he was ahead of Herman and the guy with one year at FCS Incarnate Word.

It will be interesting to see How Herman and Chadwell do in comparison to Golesh.

Still wonder whether Golesh was Kelly's first choice and  whether Herman and Chadwell were ever really considered by USF.  I know Liberty is spending a lot of money for Chadwell; perhaps we were outbid.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,986
  • Days Won:  12

I wish I could get pumped about stuff like this but I can't anymore. We need to win games. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,506
  • Days Won:  25

We will know by the end of the year  if there is any real progress being made in the win column. If he can win 3 fbs games and go anywhere near. 500 he is better  than Jeff scott. If we are finishing 1-11 or 2-10 we hired the wrong guy.