• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A look at our Football team for 2023 (New additions, Transfers, Starting Line-ups & Depth)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

When I coached, my favorites were the ones that won games.

It got me into more trouble than having favorites the stretch where my son was the 4th or 5th guy coming off the bench.  Spousal situations developed.  😂

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

In one of Golesh's early pressers, he could barely hide his irritation that there were 12 safeties on the roster. He even asked (sarcastically) how many safeties are on the field at one time. Stanley was part of the paring down. Hope he lands in a good spot. In the same presser, Golesh also mentioned that one position (offensive line?) didn't have enough bodies to practice. His recruiting and latest moves look like part of a plan to balance the roster. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Brad said:

When I coached, my favorites were the ones that won games.

It got me into more trouble than having favorites the stretch where my son was the 4th or 5th guy coming off the bench.  Spousal situations developed.  😂

Brad you beat me to the punchline. My favorite players I coached and players to play beer league games with are the players I win games with. Some guys have a knack for being able to make plays when it counts and some players seem to disappear when it matters or gets tough.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Cuda Bull said:

In one of Golesh's early pressers, he could barely hide his irritation that there were 12 safeties on the roster. He even asked (sarcastically) how many safeties are on the field at one time. Stanley was part of the paring down. Hope he lands in a good spot. In the same presser, Golesh also mentioned that one position (offensive line?) didn't have enough bodies to practice. His recruiting and latest moves look like part of a plan to balance the roster. 

Words Criminal and negligence he described the roster breakdown. So yes I expect the safety purge to contine and see us going after OL and DL in portal. Maybe another receiver.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Words Criminal and negligence he described the roster breakdown. So yes I expect the safety purge to contine and see us going after OL and DL in portal. Maybe another receiver.

We need help and immediate impact players  on the dline, oline, linebackers, and receivers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,850
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

We need help and immediate impact players  on the dline, oline, linebackers, and receivers.

Yes. Hopefully we start landing some soon. This could be a pretty large Transfer Class

The sad thing is most transfers don't work out so the coaches really have to bring in the right guys. It can be done SMU has used the portal to improve their team and TCU did the same thing.

image.png.b7711ab5866892544cd96760d72cbc64.png

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

The sad thing is most transfers don't work out so the coaches really have to bring in the right guys. It can be done SMU has used the portal to improve their team and TCU did the same thing.

THIS! But doesn't stop the craziness when we get one - more flops for sure (especially with us)

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

Good news is if we have to, we can portal in an entire roster.

4 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Good news is if we have to, we can portal in an entire roster.

Bad news it will be a tough sell to get a lot of quality players. This coaching  staff has their work cut out and will have to earn their keep.

Edited by Outlaw