• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pondering Football NILs and USF Investment Ratios

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,411
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Not in accordance with rules.

Where are these rules you speak of?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

Barely. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

10 hours ago, Brad said:

Yes

Yes

You can “earmark” it for a player that must also do something in return.  I don’t think “not leaving” is an acceptable action. 

Not in accordance with rules.  

Thank you Brad for answering these questions I had.

Its all complicated

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

On 1/6/2023 at 7:08 PM, hm101 said:

f you are running a foundation or endowment which is essentially similar to this fund's intent, you don't want to distribute to 0 each period. You also don't want to NOT distribute in our case, or you get people asking questions and players leaving. 

I have asked this question before and still really don't know the answer. Is this set up as a paycheck to paycheck account? Or are there set portions going to an account to collect interest? An endowment never touches the principal funds.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

I haven't done a lot of research because I struggle with supporting NIL on top of supporting the school (infrastructure) programs.  If/when I do, I would expect full financial disclosure from the NIL foundation.  For example, how much are the "administrative" fees, how much did they receive and how much goes out and to who.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

I hope the NIL gets organized across college sports . . .think it's basically for Football and a few select Basketball.

Most student athletes see NOTHING!

I think it's less Name, Image & Likeness and more Pay for Play.

• Upvote 1

On 1/8/2023 at 4:22 PM, Cornada said:

I haven't done a lot of research because I struggle with supporting NIL on top of supporting the school (infrastructure) programs.  If/when I do, I would expect full financial disclosure from the NIL foundation.  For example, how much are the "administrative" fees, how much did they receive and how much goes out and to who.

I do think if these NIL funds were set up in a way that money would go to a specific player; lets say for example a fund for Brown or Bohanon for staying, or for a specific highly rated player coming in; it would be more successful in raising money.  

Its a bit like the Coachella music festival where I received e -mails from them last week to buy tickets without them revealing what the line up is. There is no way I was  going to pay 500 dollars for tickets without knowing who would perform. Now that the lineup is revealed and I know that Blackpink and  Chemical Brothers are performing I would probably shelf out more then double the 500 dollars.

Bit in the same way if  I received an e-mail from a NIL  that said we are raising funds to keep Brown or Joiner I would be more inclined to donate and donate more vs now where we have no idea to what players the money is going.

While I am not sure whether at this time I will donate to a NIL ( maybe in the future when we receive more details) I do intend to donate to an OCS fund to finance the stadium as soon as that is a 100 percent confirmed.

8 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I do think if these NIL funds were set up in a way that money would go to a specific player; lets say for example a fund for Brown or Bohanon for staying, or for a specific highly rated player coming in; it would be more successful in raising money.  

Its a bit like the Coachella music festival where I received e -mails from them last week to buy tickets without them revealing what the line up is. There is no way I was  going to pay 500 dollars for tickets without knowing who would perform. Now that the lineup is revealed and I know that Blackpink and  Chemical Brothers are performing I would probably shelf out more then double the 500 dollars.

Bit in the same way if  I received an e-mail from a NIL  that said we are raising funds to keep Brown or Joiner I would be more inclined to donate and donate more vs now where we have no idea to what players the money is going.

While I am not sure whether at this time I will donate to a NIL ( maybe in the future when we receive more details) I do intend to donate to an OCS fund to finance the stadium as soon as that is a 100 percent confirmed. Not a huge money amount, but as much as I can.

But I would definitely donate to the NIL if it was to keep Brown. not a huge amount, but as much as I can

Edited by belgianbull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,566
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, E.T. said:

I hope the NIL gets organized across college sports . . .think it's basically for Football and a few select Basketball.

Most student athletes see NOTHING!

I think it's less Name, Image & Likeness and more Pay for Play.

That is exactly what it is and the fans are paying.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

I wonder if the NIL will morph into actual contracts with players?