• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

13 games in . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

What going on with Keyshawn Bryant?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  364
  • Days Won:  1

I have watched just about every game.They can actually win against good teams if they can shoot a good percentage at the free throw line,that is the major problem right now. Gregory has been putting in the best free throw shooters at the end of games when they are winning which is a good call.Miguel is the go to guy when we need a shot creator, he is very good driving to the hole. Harris shoots the most and at times tries to hard which causes a lot of missed shots, but he is a streaky shooter which is good for us when he catches fire.Russel Tchewa is at his best when he catches it deep deep in the post, if he catches it to far out he misses. Bryant hasn’t played much lately as he’s been out, hopefully he can add on to what’s been going on. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Blackice12 said:

What going on with Keyshawn Bryant?

I’m not sure what was wrong with him but he was out/not dressed for some games. Now he is back and it looks like Gregory has been trying to get him back in to the rotation with out disturbing to much of what they have going on.

11 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Can we get some hoops talk going? We’re about to step up in competition, but I’m interested to read what those who have been following think of this team so far.

THINGS I LIKE . . . 
Tyler Harris is the best perimeter shooter we’ve had in some time and has some a-hole in him out there on the floor, competitiveness.

Selton Miguel brings instant offense off the bench. He comes in ready to score.

Ryan Conwell is legit. He is in a shooting slump right now, but his stroke is good - unlike what we saw with a guy like Caleb Murphy. He will shake out of that slump. The rest of his game is pretty mature for a guy his age.

Sam Hines does the dirty work and has begun to develop his offensive game. He’s even capable from 3 this year, which wasn’t part of his arsenal last season.

Jamir Chaplin and Keyshawn Bryant hit the offensive glass. Both have crazy hops and are hitting the glass hard.

And what I like most - we’re developing an identity with guys playing their roles and sticking to their strengths, not trying to do too many things they’re not good at.

THINGS I DON’T LIKE . . . 
Captain Obvious - the FT line. At the end of games, if it’s close, it has to be Harris or Conwell at the line for us or we’re cooked.

Corey Walker has a bunch of talent, but he still hasn’t embraced it. He shows signs here and there, but could be so much more.

I know he puts up numbers, but I’m still not sure if I like Russell Tchewa or not. He misses a lot of bunnies and wouldn’t you like to see him just go up and jam some of those shots? Use that awesome size. Play angry and dominate.

That said about Tchewa, when he gets in foul trouble in conference play, we have no post sub. Teams will use that to their advantage against us. We also have no real PG sub. It’s by committee right now and when it’s Miguel handling, the ball sticks. He doesn’t move it. He just looks to go 1-on-1.

Chaplin still isn’t a reliable 3-point shooter. He makes one here and there, but there have been games already where we could have run away and hid if he could have made a wide open three at the right time, but . . . clang. Same at the FT line. Argh!

Just some quick, random musings. I’m interested to read yours.

Russell needs to flush it down.!! When he misses some shots it’s frustrating considering the size he has, just dunk it don’t be scared big guy.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

6 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

Russell needs to flush it down.!! When he misses some shots it’s frustrating considering the size he has, just dunk it don’t be scared big guy.

Did you see him try to dunk it last game? He missed and the ball bounced out to the foul line.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

28 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Did you see him try to dunk it last game? He missed and the ball bounced out to the foul line.

Have you seen some of his missed layups? Personally, I'm more inclined for the gimme layups but if you're not hitting on every one of those anyway, go for the dunk a little more than he has ....... it's an energizer if he makes it and a little "comic" relief if he doesn't.

50 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Have you seen some of his missed layups? Personally, I'm more inclined for the gimme layups but if you're not hitting on every one of those anyway, go for the dunk a little more than he has ....... it's an energizer if he makes it and a little "comic" relief if he doesn't.

He's better around the rim this year than last. Actually has made a few left handed ones this year - the little I've watched. Not sure how a 7 footer can't dunk easily but he seems to struggle.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Well after many years of being a season ticket holder and now many years of not(I moved out of the Tampa Bay area) I am getting to watch Bulls BB a lot more.  My son moved back in with me and has Hulu so I can watch the games now.  I see great improvement in the team since the beginning of the year.  They looked disjointed early on and not surprising since it was a bunch of new guys playing on the team for the first time.  Last few games they have looked pretty good with Harris taking the lead.  Oh, be easy on the big guy....remember he was stuck out of the country for the whole offseason....I think he will get much better as the year goes on.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

This team can shoot over a zone (at least recently) and has a couple guys that can get buckets one on one. That’s the big difference this year. Past teams would fold up in the face of a 2-3 zone and pass the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock hit single digits, then throw up a panicked shot. I say good riddance to that offense.

• Go Bulls! 1

2 hours ago, dabull80 said:

Well after many years of being a season ticket holder and now many years of not(I moved out of the Tampa Bay area) I am getting to watch Bulls BB a lot more.  My son moved back in with me and has Hulu so I can watch the games now.  I see great improvement in the team since the beginning of the year.  They looked disjointed early on and not surprising since it was a bunch of new guys playing on the team for the first time.  Last few games they have looked pretty good with Harris taking the lead.  Oh, be easy on the big guy....remember he was stuck out of the country for the whole offseason....I think he will get much better as the year goes on.

There was an article in todays TBT by Joey K about the ordeal that Tchewa went through. He inadvertently switched, on a form, the country of birth and country he was going to. That led to the problem. And the article pretty much confirmed that he had only been running but not a whole lot else as he had no access to a gym (Covid I'm guessing).  Says he's rounding into playing shape the last couple of weeks. We will probably be going to the Temple game. Win that one and we may try another.

• Go Bulls! 2