• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS, dream or reality

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

19 minutes ago, smazza said:

if you think it will be done by 2026 i say dream

Not at all, if the money is there.  The biggest hold up is never construction it is land acquisitions and right of way, etc.  If this is USF land, that is mostly a non-issue. Get the money right and this takes maybe 12 months to actually build at most.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Not at all, if the money is there.  The biggest hold up is never construction it is land acquisitions and right of way, etc.  If this is USF land, that is mostly a non-issue. Get the money right and this takes maybe 12 months to actually build at most.

Think the bigger question is will the new Rays waterfront baseball stadium be ready by 2027/2028? Darryl Shaw is still purchasing the land.

F5B6F45D-BBFF-4F98-8CDC-1F3D952744BA.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

The feasibility study Harlan did over 5 years ago has the prices at that time, then the prices escalated to 2022 prices. Golesh claims we're breaking ground by the end of 2023.

Anyone know if after that feasibility study the plan was always to start building a stadium around now? Or was the new admin that came in after critical for this to make it this far?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

25 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Just took 12 months to actually build the IPF so I think that same amount of time for an ocs is a little ambitious ....... but do think 2026 should be doable, hopefully.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

It seems more and more like the OCS will become a reality. I must say I doubted whether Kelly could get it done, and I am impressed. This is the best news for USF in a long time.

Now it will be interesting to see renderings. I hope it will look more closely to what San Diego State and Colorado State received versus lets say FAU, and Tulane ( don't mean no disrespect since their stadiums are not bad). It will be a message to the Big 12 that we are committed to our program. Now lets start winning games, and I think our future is bright!

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Just took 12 months to actually build the IPF so I think that same amount of time for an ocs is a little ambitious ....... but do think 2026 should be doable, hopefully.

Heck yeah!! If not by 2027. I’m fine with that as long as it is under construction 

My prediction is that it is going to be similar to how the new University of Houston OCS set up is. I’m talking about how that stadium has a nice open layout where there are many retail, restaurants surrounding the OCS kind of like a village on campus. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

It will take longer.  The electrical equipment is seeing 40+ weeks on delivery.  

12 months may be from broken ground to substantial, but there will be a lot of lead time.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

More resources = less time.  26k seat soccer stadium in Orlando got built in about 12 months.  In some ways it was more complex.  Certainly there can be variables on the time aspect.  But 2026 season is almost 4 years away.  Plenty of time.