• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

has the new coach announced any of his assistants

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, bulloni said:

Coastal is going after Trickett, will find out soon if Golesh wants to keep him

That's nice.  Let's all exchange people and see how it works out.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

https://twitter.com/GeorgeCourides/with_replies

He has updated his bio to "Head Strength and Conditioning Coach University of South Florida". This link has a write up on him: 

Iowa State Football Camps are held at the Bergstrom Football Complex on the Iowa State University campus in Ames, Iowa. Camps are led by the Iowa State Cyclones...

I think overall that sounds positive, can't be worse than the last guy anyway. The teams we're constantly injured even before the seasons started. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

6 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

If it takes another 8 games for him to get the Offense going though, he needs to be removed pronto.

It didn't really take him 8 games to get the offense going this season. He called a pretty good game for most of the season IMO, a lot of issues had to do with execution (See: GB over or underthrowing guys, especially deep; receivers dropping passes, etc.)

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I disagree, I think he did some good things last year. I wouldn't mind if Coach Golesh decided to keep him.

He needs to move on

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Trickett's biggest question mark to me is how did he think Marsh was better than Brown?

When Scott was fired you'd think he was given the keys to the offense. There was only 3 games left so its not like he had to worry about burning a redshirt. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Unless Trickett is willing/able to change philosophies and call a Heupel / Golesh style offense, then I can't see a reason why he'd want to stay, or Golesh would want to hand the keys to the offense over to him.  

• Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Trickett's biggest question mark to me is how did he think Marsh was better than Brown?

When Scott was fired you'd think he was given the keys to the offense. There was only 3 games left so its not like he had to worry about burning a redshirt. 

Meh, we don't really know what the plan was.  That could have just as easily have been lets see what Marsh can do to help with future decisions.  Possible give BB some playing time here and there to bring him along slowly.

• Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

30 minutes ago, bulloni said:

When Scott was fired you'd think he was given the keys to the offense. There was only 3 games left so it’s not like he had to worry about burning a redshirt. 

Marsh didn’t play bad enough to bench, and who knows what he was promised when he came back out of the portal. Byrum Brown did make some magic though, man that was a breath of fresh air on a rough season.

43 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

It didn't really take him 8 games to get the offense going this season. He called a pretty good game for most of the season IMO, a lot of issues had to do with execution (See: GB over or underthrowing guys, especially deep; receivers dropping passes, etc.)

You are right. I kind of went pessimistic on that. It just seemed like we couldn’t get anything figured out on either side of the ball for most of the season. At the end of it all, I liked Trickett and what he was doing. The offense got real fun and exciting. I would be fine with him staying if Golesh and him can find a common thread in the offense.

• Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

43 minutes ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

Unless Trickett is willing/able to change philosophies and call a Heupel / Golesh style offense, then I can't see a reason why he'd want to stay, or Golesh would want to hand the keys to the offense over to him.  

How are their offense schematically different?

• Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

Remember marsh brown was a move that got us through this year. Brown was redshirting. Wasting a year on that start was not worth it.