• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alex Golesh ?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

57 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I keep reading that USF went cheap.  How cheap could it be?  Did I miss reported details?  I think I read somewhere AG was making $1.2 million as an OC.

Dumb assumption out there being happy we didn't spend Deion money on non-Deion.  That's it.  So the cheap is still paying what we've paid, just not deion dollars.

I don't think anything is published yet, but @puc86 will be gathering all contract (primary or secondary) materials and amendments.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Just now, Brad said:

Dumb assumption out there being happy we didn't spend Deion money on non-Deion.  That's it.  so the cheap is still paying what we've paid, just not deion dollars.

I guess he'll cost what he will cost.  I am just glad that now all this is being paid with OPM.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Brad said:

NFL DRAFT PICKS COACHED

WR Velus Jones Jr., Chicago Bears, 2022
OL Cade Mays, Carolina Panthers, 2022 
TE Charlie Kolar, Baltimore Ravens, 2022 
WR Jacob Harris, Los Angeles Rams, 2021 
WR Tre Nixon, New England Patriots, 2021

20 years coaching... 5 players drafted.  All in the last two years. 

Sooooooo 😬

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540

9 minutes ago, shibumi said:

Sooooooo 😬

Well he should have some more after the next draft. But this is definitely a weird thing to say to sell him. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629

3 minutes ago, shibumi said:

Sooooooo 😬

Well before becoming an offensive coordinator he was a tight end for some low end schools. Iowa St. Toledo. Illinois. So not really much opportunity to get guys drafted from one position. He's improved the units he's overseen though.

"Golesh’s tight end unit became a key cog of the offense in 2021. Led by Jacob Warren and Princeton Fant, Tennessee's tight ends combined for 37 catches for 406 yards and four touchdowns. A year prior to Golesh’s arrival, UT tight ends combined for 18 catches for 176 yards and two scores. The 37 receptions and 406 receiving yards were the most by Vol tight ends since 2016, while the four scores were the most by a UT tight end unit since it produced six in 2012. Warren and Fant became physical blockers, leaders on the team and elected to return for the 2022 season."

Golesh mentored all-conference performers at tight end in 2017, 2018 and 2019, as the Cyclones recorded a pair of 8-5 seasons and back-to-back bowl berths in 2017 and 2018. In 2018, Iowa State broke its school record for conference victories in a season (six), tying for third in the Big 12 for the best conference finish 40 years. In 2019, the Cyclones ended 7-6 after an appearance in the Camping World Bowl in Orlando, for their third consecutive bowl invitation.

"In the season before Golesh came to Ames, Iowa State tight ends caught a combined five passes. In 2019, Cyclone tight ends caught 75 passes under his direction and played a pivotal role in the team’s success."

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

11 minutes ago, shibumi said:

Sooooooo 😬

This is what helps recruiting imo. Kids prefer coaches that have helped jump start NFL careers. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

All I know is this new coach has a long way up to go in a lot of ways. Resurrecting the program, bringing talent to coordinator and position coaching roles, recruiting players who have never heard of him, earning fan respect and admiration without a resumè which immediately commands it. May he have the work ethic, football knowledge, luck, and style to climb those mountains.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, FazaUSF said:

All I know is this new coach has a long way up to go in a lot of ways. Resurrecting the program, bringing talent to coordinator and position coaching roles, recruiting players who have never heard of him, earning fan respect and admiration without a resumè which immediately commands it. May he have the work ethic, football knowledge, luck, and style to climb those mountains.

High school football players should know about the OC from Tennessee, the best offense in the country

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103

I have an idea, I would like the people on this site and others who are trashing this pick to do one thing, at the end of their post, wnter the amount of dollars you have contributed to NIL- either here or fowler ave. 
The entitlement here is insane. This is a school who had three good years since 2012.  Want to help? Give some money. 
Be happy that your school has the funds to fire two guys in a row and pay them millions out the door. Be happy that your school had the money to bring in a top tier up and coming coach and not a 50 year old retread. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  143

Unfortunately I'm already renewed.  I was hoping for something/one much more exciting that would really light a fire and get RECRUITS excited about USF. 

This doesn't seem like it will be it. 

At this point I'm just holding out hope for a major DC hire to light that spark now. 

BB17 showed amazing promise - but if he doesn't have real TALENT to throw to (TB12 w/o Gronk comes to mind). 

BB17 and BB21 are a great start on the offensive side.  Wish we could have kept Horn (interesting that CU is in his Top 4).

I'm just not feeling that confident that they're going to be able to bring in immediate IMPACT players on the defensive side of the ball - and that is very concerning. 

Then again - Tulane...  So perhaps anything is possible.  😁