• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alex Golesh ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Someone with TB recruiting connections should’ve been one of the top priorities for this hire. Instead, we hired someone with none. Wtf

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,361
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Thanks, but I have never compared to UCF.  I can compare to USF before we got completely stupid.

Wasn't Leavitt a DC with no HC experience?  And I know he had no experience at starting a new program out of a trailer

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, Brad said:

Hey we have differing opinions, agendas and understandings.  Everyone should be grown up and interact politely, but I slip up too.  Hang in there.

I could see a lot of fans being like pure WTF right now, but it all depends on what happens with the defense.  The offense should have continuity or improve.  We could hit the ground running next year who knows.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Johaan said:

Ok, thanks for the reset. I appreciate that. Yes, its a small feed and I try not to spend much time there either. 

I really do want the team and school to succeed. My OSU buddy was much more interested in this hire as well, so no its not all negative. 

But man its been a rough few years. 

Totally get it (notice my absence from posting). One thing I know for sure, we will have a fun offense in the next 2 years. There will be a lot of tempo, vertical passing game, etc. Now let’s see what we can get at DC 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569

1 minute ago, zarnozdabull said:

Someone with TB recruiting connections should’ve been one of the top priorities for this hire. Instead, we hired someone with none. Wtf

I truly don’t know the answer to this, but did he not recruit the area when he was at UCF?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, zarnozdabull said:

This I wonder about.  

2 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

My man, EVERYONE recruits tampa. You don’t have to be a native or be employed by a Florida university to have Florida recruiting connections. That also falls as much on the staff (assistant hires) as it does the HC. 

Mike Norvell had no Florida ties. He’s gotten that ship turned around just fine (trying not to use the same c. comparison over and over) 

• Upvote 1

Florida is probably the easiest state to recruit without having local ties. EVERYONE recruits here. Especially programs like Tennessee 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We just have some characters here.  All the Bulls fans are welcome!

Also keep in mind some are coming off of a Deion / MK / Hate / Cocaine binge.

Elmo Choosing Cocaine | Know Your Meme

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, IBulleve said:

But this is NOT Jeff Scott. And I’m willing to bet if we didn’t flirt with such a polarizing figure figure in prime, the sentiment in our own community would be much different. In reality, “missing” on prime has no barring on if this hire will be a success or not. 

No, this is another person who was recently a co-offensive coordinator at a school with a good quarterback, who also has no head coaching experience and practically no ties to Florida.

Look in any other hiring cycle this is a hire the fan base would be at least a little excited for.  Getting someone associated with a number 1 offense is usually considered a "get".  Just imagine if this were Alabama's OC we had hired, during a year they had the top scoring offense; how many people would be excited and feel USF was on the rebound since we stole one from P5 openings?

The problem is, collectively as a fan base we saw how historically bad things can go with a first time head coach.  It can be hard to assemble a staff if you've never done it before.  And hardly any fan left has the patience for that 'learning on the job' stuff again.  Maybe this guy doesn't have the problem and it's a moot point.  But it's still a risk now compared to anyone with head coaching experience and success.  And that is what most people wanted because it gave the best chance of a quick turnaround.