• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is coming??

Who is coming??  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, tbulls said:

Not sure why everyone thinks there are only 2 or 3 coaches out there that could help us. Many don’t even want someone until they are hired elsewhere. Many of the names I see on here are retreads. There has to be some up and comers that we can get. But most don’t seem to want that for some reason. I would much rather have a Willie Simmons or Curt Cignetti than a Manny Diaz.

I am curious, of "the Field" who would be the best to give it a try?  I hope we had enough time to do homework on this potential third choice.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

No.  I don't want no scrubs.

Tlc Waterfalls GIF by NOW That's Music

Then don't go chasing waterfalls

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

If he is smart he had backup plans.  You had to know that Deion could always pull the rug.  So I wouldn't assume we are floundering because we didn't hire the Texas coach.

Of course there are back up plans.  The folks trying to paint a narrative that MK will be surprised that DS doesn't come here are being ridiculous 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I'm waiting for @michaelisgoing to the join the forum

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Of course there are back up plans.  The folks trying to paint a narrative that MK will be surprised that DS doesn't come here are being ridiculous 

TAMPA, FL The University of South Florida's Vice President of Athletics, Michael Kelly, admitted today that he was taken aback by the news of Deion Sanders taking the head coaching job at Colorado.

In a statement, Kelly said, "We were shocked when we heard the news of Deion Sanders going to Colorado. To be honest, it was a colossal f*ckup on our part. We had no backup plan in place if Deion decided to go elsewhere."

Kelly went on to say that the school is now scrambling to find a candidate who is qualified and willing to take the job. He also said that the process has been further complicated by the fact that several other schools are also looking for coaches.

We should have had a contingency plan in place in case our first choice didnt work out. We just assumed that our first choice was going to be the right one, and we were wrong. Its a **** shame, and were going to do our best to make sure this doesnt happen again” said Kelly.

###

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,700
  • Days Won:  7

12 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I think you're potentially underestimating an individual's ineptitude. It's entirely possible VPMK messed up big time and we'll pay the price as a program. Until a man has proven himself worthy, I wouldn't assume he's capable. There are MANY people holding jobs they're not qualified simply because of a reason, whether it be nepotism, vouching from the right people, or just being the right place at the right time. It doesn't mean he's playing chess and has a masterful plan. Sometimes you just get outplayed and you lose.

Edited by USFBulls12

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Bring on Willie Simmons!

5 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

I think you're potentially underestimating an individual's ineptitude. It's entirely possible VPMK messed up big time and we'll pay the price as a program. Until a man has proven himself worthy, I wouldn't assume he's capable. There are MANY people holding jobs they're not qualified simply because of a reason, whether it be nepotism, vouching from the right people, or just being the right place at the right time. It doesn't mean he's playing chess and has a masterful plan. Sometimes you just get outplayed and you lose.

Of course it is possible, but I think many on here (possibly you included) are acting like MK's job is only to hire football coaches.  There is a ton that he has done right and our program is much better off than it was when he got here.  Now we need to win now (and needed to win more the past 3 years obviously) but the idea that he has been completely inept at his job is absurd.  We also don't know anymore that he was "outplayed" than we know that he wasn't.   if the next coach wins games, then the search was a success regardless

Edited by olafberserker

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

Have we talked about former TCU coach Gary Patterson at all?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Have we talked about former TCU coach Gary Patterson at all?

A couple weeks ago.  Passed on him because he was 7 years older than Deion.

Has since been connected to UNLV gig.

• Haha 1