• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Few other candidates that could be our guy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

Not entirely true that our next coach would be coaching on Saturday.

let’s say our main target is Deion and we are in the running for him, that would hold up any decision until he makes his. So if he says no then we move on and that candidate might not have coached this weekend.

That would mean said coach has all the bargaining power as he knows he was 2nd fiddle to deion. Deion would out of respect let them know we are not his choice. He knows what he is doing. He isnt making a decision sunday. Hes announcing sunday

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Orgeron, Manny Diaz, Mullen, me, Da Prato (after a stern talk about the 3 runs up the middle), Scott or Blackwell

If it were any of these, it would have been announced already... none of these find folks have a game this weekend.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

The only other thing is chadwell may very well be open to leavitt as dc which i know i know..im always against it but would give some help to local recruiting as well. 

If the Liberty stuff is a smokescreen and we end up with Chadwell HC and Leavitt DC I think I'd like that more than Primetime, and while we wouldn't get as much national hype we'd get a hell of a lot of local attention

5 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

If it were any of these, it would have been announced already... none of these find folks have a game this weekend.

And they all suck

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Days Won:  12

fire baton twirler?

5 minutes ago, bulloni said:

If the Liberty stuff is a smokescreen and we end up with Chadwell HC and Leavitt DC I think I'd like that more than Primetime, and while we wouldn't get as much national hype we'd get a hell of a lot of local attention

I think leavitt is a better dc than head coach and it’s why he never got another hc job. Go be a dc and be a mean sob and get the kids to play hard. That should be how he brings usf back. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815

4 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Man give it up Leavitt is not coming back to USF, specially not as an assistant. We need to stop living in the past.

As for what’s really happening with Deion, none of us really knows, it may really be that we are in a bidding war with Colorado and he truly hasn’t made a decision yet. If that’s the case we wait just as Colorado hasn’t moved on yet.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Days Won:  12

7 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

I agree which is why I think DS is our guy but I am speculating about if DS throws us a curve ball and we need a second choice. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

Man give it up Leavitt is not coming back to USF, specially not as an assistant. We need to stop living in the past.

As for what’s really happening with Deion, none of us really knows, it may really be that we are in a bidding war with Colorado and he truly hasn’t made a decision yet. If that’s the case we wait just as Colorado hasn’t moved on yet.

I used to believe that until I found out Leavitt was offered the DC job last year and then tweeted out yesterday he's open to coaching again as long as its local so he can be close to his family

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815

3 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

And they all suck

Really? We won’t know if they suck until they get here and actually coach. Remember Strong, Holtz, Scott? They all looked good till they got here. This Chadwell guy hasn’t done anything without his QB McCall. When he can win without him we can talk.

1 minute ago, hm101 said:

I agree which is why I think DS is our guy but I am speculating about if DS throws us a curve ball and we need a second choice. 

True, which is why I said above, we might be in a bidding war with Colorado and Deion hasn’t made up his mind yet. That’s why both USF and CU haven’t moved on