• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I don’t know, he is about 21, same as telling your girlfriend at that age you are committed and then banging another chick an hour later.  Always looking to upgrade.  I do find it ridiculous we have people on here that will follow him and root for him after he leaves, that to me is sad.

This sounds like a man of experience and wisdom. I root for USF players while they are here. I don't care what they do at any college they transfer to. If they play at USF I will root for them in the pros but not in college. You know how they say their college in the NFL pregame shows, are they going to start listing all of their colleges, only their last college, the college they were most successful at, or the college that paid them the most?

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

28 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Of course he’s going to say that now to save face. However the original quote had to do with the transfer portal after the season had already been completed. 

Just be completely honest. We can live with that. If there’s even a one percent chance you might leave, don’t make that quote, period. 

I’d rather a kid just flat out say I’m going to do what’s in my best interest every year. Can live with complete honesty. 

That's right up there with a Bentlee Sanders quote I read the other day. In case you're wondering what he's been up to, had a nice season for Nevada this year. They had a coaching change and he was asked if he thought about transferring, "'It didn't feel right me leaving my brothers out stranded,' Sanders said. 'At the end of day, we all know this is a business and the coaches that left made a business decision. I'm blessed for them. I'm happy for them. But personally me leaving, I wouldn't leave my brothers behind."' Didn't he make a business decision to leave his brothers behind here?

51089024-f503-44ca-a458-96a037c46ed0-lar

After having just two interceptions in his first five college seasons, the Wolf Pack defensive back has five picks in six games this year.

Edited by JTrue

Just now, JTrue said:

That's right up there with a Bentlee Sanders quote I read the other day. In case you're wondering what he's been up to, had a nice season for Nevada this year. They had a coaching change and he was asked if he thought about transferring, "'It didn't feel right me leaving my brothers out stranded,' Sanders said. 'At the end of day, we all know this is a business and the coaches that left made a business decision. I'm blessed for them. I'm happy for them. But personally me leaving, I wouldn't leave my brothers behind."' Did he  make a business decision to leave his brothers behind here?

After having just two interceptions in his first five college seasons, the Wolf Pack defensive back has five picks in six games this year.

OF course he did but STrong's tenure here was a fairy tell compared to Scott's. I couldn't imagine him not transferring out under Scott for  a year. It is a me first approach versus team first approach in college football these days. What can you do for me instead of what can I do for this program?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

OF course he did but STrong's tenure here was a fairy tell compared to Scott's. I couldn't imagine him not transferring out under Scott for  a year. It is a me first approach versus team first approach in college football these days. What can you do for me instead of what can I do for this program?

In the end its up to coaching staff to convince these players that consider transferring to other schools that USF's future is bright. Also there could be a domino effect where players decide to leave when they see others ( whether it is other players or perhaps someone from the former coaching staff) leaving.

Perhaps if we start winning games we will see less players transfer out. That's why its crucial that the turn around doesn't take forever. we can't afford to only win two or three games this year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

In the end its up to coaching staff to convince these players that consider transferring to other schools that USF's future is bright. Also there could be a domino effect where players decide to leave when they see others ( whether it is other players or perhaps someone from the former coaching staff) leaving.

Perhaps if we start winning games we will see less players transfer out. That's why its crucial that the turn around doesn't take forever. we can't afford to only win two or three games this year.

Of course and we just got to win. Enough the excuses people made for failure. You are what your record says period... Time  kick it in high gear and see improvement the win column. The bar is so low two fbs wins is major improvement.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I don't care if a kid transfers out.  If he feels that's best so be it.  Just be honest.  Can we have some honesty.  Is that too much to ask?  Just friggin don't make these quotes if you may even have a small amount of desire to move on.  Dude we can live with honesty and if you want to go so be it.  And don't give me i changed my mind.  If you feel you might change your mind, then don't make quotes to the contrary in the first place.  I don't care if you change your mind, if you want to go, then go.  Just don't say one thing and do another.  If you say your a man of your word and your gonna be there, then be there. 

Yeah I know full well coaches do the same exact thing, maybe that's part of the problem.  Just say nothing that way you can do whatever you want to do.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, E.T. said:

Not always . . . and most successful coaches were not stellar players.

Of course not always. Our problem, is we need some draw for better and athletes. We are USF, the bottom dweller of college football. Can’t keep doing what we did yesterday. If we want to improve it’s time for administration to learn. This is a new day and age of college football. 

10 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I don't care if a kid transfers out.  If he feels that's best so be it.  Just be honest.  Can we have some honesty.  Is that too much to ask?  Just friggin don't make these quotes if you may even have a small amount of desire to move on.  Dude we can live with honesty and if you want to go so be it.  And don't give me i changed my mind.  If you feel you might change your mind, then don't make quotes to the contrary in the first place.  I don't care if you change your mind, if you want to go, then go.  Just don't say one thing and do another.  If you say your a man of your word and your gonna be there, then be there. 

Yeah I know full well coaches do the same exact thing, maybe that's part of the problem.  Just say nothing that way you can do whatever you want to do.

There is no honesty when money is involved.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

13 hours ago, JTrue said:

That's right up there with a Bentlee Sanders quote I read the other day. In case you're wondering what he's been up to, had a nice season for Nevada this year. They had a coaching change and he was asked if he thought about transferring, "'It didn't feel right me leaving my brothers out stranded,' Sanders said. 'At the end of day, we all know this is a business and the coaches that left made a business decision. I'm blessed for them. I'm happy for them. But personally me leaving, I wouldn't leave my brothers behind."' Didn't he make a business decision to leave his brothers behind here?

He got ran off by coach Scott who came in and informed him that they are looking for better. CJS immediately recruited other DBs. He didn't leave USF, USF quit on him. 

39 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He got ran off by coach Scott who came in and informed him that they are looking for better. CJS immediately recruited other DBs. He didn't leave USF, USF quit on him. 

Sad if true. We surely do not have "better dbs" another example of Scott had no idea how to evaluate talent or run a program.