• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else feel like it’s Christmas Eve?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

Most of these have been going on since well before Al Gore invented the internet

I'll add that I'm not sure how accurate this is in terms of "rivalries" but it gives an idea at least

Edited by olafberserker

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Thanks for the insults to a guy donating since 1994 and buying basketball/football tickets accordingly.

Every game should matter to the players.  Just like every game matters to the old folks.  I guess the "hate week" of a "rivalry" game appeals to the youngsters?  Gotta love that hate.  Social media bonus I guess.  

No insults meant, observations.  Look around, rivalry week is huge almost everywhere.  Where will we be without a “rival”, real or perceived?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

Most of these have been going on since well before Al Gore invented the internet

Great stuff!

1 minute ago, NCBull said:

No insults meant, observations.  Look around, rivalry week is huge almost everywhere.  Where will we be without a “rival”, real or perceived?

It's HUGE for TV!  No doubt.  Let's talk again when UAB or FAU is the new made-for-TV rival, ok?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, Brad said:

It's HUGE for TV!  No doubt.  Let's talk again when UAB or FAU is the new made-for-TV rival, ok?

Made for TV?  Really?   Smh…

Well, yeah.  

I didn't mention this before, but now that you identified as a youngster... Leavitt always thought we'd find a rival in the Top 3, probably Miami because of the UF-FSU bond.  So, a lot of the old guys know and remember that.  Would have been nice.  There was no intention in the first 13 years of the program to settle in with UCF or whatever else was going on in Florida outside of big time football.  

Now that we have sunk so low, sure it makes sense.  Our students that value the "rivalry" probably would have stormed the field tonight and old guys like Trip would have thrown up on them.  :roflmao:

just a different perspective.  What we've become greatly influences what we accept.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Well, yeah.  

I didn't mention this before, but now that you identified as a youngster... Leavitt always thought we'd find a rival in the Top 3, probably Miami because of the UF-FSU bond.  So, a lot of the old guys know and remember that.  Would have been nice.  There was no intention in the first 13 years of the program to settle in with UCF or whatever else was going on in Florida outside of big time football.  

Now that we have sunk so low, sure it makes sense.  Our students that value the "rivalry" probably would have stormed the field tonight and old guys like Trip would have thrown up on them.  :roflmao:

just a different perspective.  What we've become greatly influences what we accept.

Aging Old Man GIF by A&E

Yep. Those days are long gone man. I'd be surprised if kids going to school even know we have sports. 

4 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

So the Jim saw value in having a rivalry?

He knew the crowd he wanted to be in.  You understand that?  He also liked beating Top 25 teams, not pinning a season on a "rival".  I love your transparency,