• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on Coach Da Prato

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I watched his press conference and it's clear he is driven and full of energy.  Is there anything Coach Da Prato can do that would lead you to support him as the full time head coach.

This won't happen, but let's say the Bulls shut down SMU this week, after scoring 77 last week, and USF goes 3-0 during the last 3 games.

Would that be enough in your mind to hand the job over to Da Prato, or is it absolutely certain that USF must hire someone from the outside, no matter the results the final 3 games.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I watched his press conference and it's clear he is driven and full of energy.  Is there anything Coach Da Prato can do that would lead you to support him as the full time head coach.

This won't happen, but let's say the Bulls shut down SMU this week, after scoring 77 last week, and USF goes 3-0 during the last 3 games.

Would that be enough in your mind to hand the job over to Da Prato, or is it absolutely certain that USF must hire someone from the outside, no matter the results the final 3 games.

Yes if he goes 3-0 he deserves a shot imo. Why do you ask? Well because I think it would be cost efficient while we are trying to get that OCS.  Remember this. One of USF best coaches in history was a result of our womens hoops coach being fired. Coach Jose Fernandez took over and he capitalized on his shot. Hopefully we see the same thing with football. 

I watched his press conference and was impressed.  He looks like he can get players to run through a brick wall for him.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

I just don't think it's realistic to assume anything would make MK keep the current staff.  

Even if we win out, how do you sell enough fans/boosters on a coach part of a 4 win season?

If we had more wins this season or lost via shootouts (instead of blowouts), you might be able to say 'cjs was just too loyal to his new d coordinator...once we removed both the problem was fixed'.

Besides they're going to be trying to lock up a coach asap.  You can't say 'Well we want *you*...but only if our interim coach does not win out convincingly'

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

I just don't think it's realistic to assume anything would make MK keep the current staff.  

Even if we win out, how do you sell enough fans/boosters on a coach part of a 4 win season?

If we had more wins this season or lost via shootouts (instead of blowouts), you might be able to say 'cjs was just too loyal to his new d coordinator...once we removed both the problem was fixed'.

Besides they're going to be trying to lock up a coach asap.  You can't say 'Well we want *you*...but only if our interim coach does not win out convincingly'

That all makes sense but why of all of our staff members did he get this opportunity? If it's just filling a void, why not give it to a former head coach like Chad Morris?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

I love his energy!

16 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Da Prato has no previous head coaching experience. We're not doing that again. 

He's getting 3 games of experience right now.  That's not a big sample size, but you can gauge a lot over the course of 3 games.  Did he drastically improve the team.  Did he improve the defense.  Did guys play hard for him.  Does he capture the locker room, etc.

What if he really is the next equivalent of Jose Fernandez, and you pass up on him.

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, thekidnapper said:

That all makes sense but why of all of our staff members did he get this opportunity? If it's just filling a void, why not give it to a former head coach like Chad Morris?

I heard a few explanations like 'as special teams coach he already works with both offense and defense' and 'dont want to distract other coaches with too much more responsibility'

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3-0 and he gets the job.

The Times specifically mentioned Kelly isn't ruling out De Prato if we finish strong