• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Breaking News!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

I cant believe you call yourself a fan and would post that. Very Sad.

Let me see we beat UL and UConn beat us so yeah UConn has no chance right?

It would serve us right to miss out on a Bowl game. It would be sad, but appropriate.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

... It would be sad, but appropriate.

::)

Disagree . . . a 6-5/7-4 team in their 9th year is deserving.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

well UConn will not beat Louisville so this is a mute point.

also, is this source you spoke to even considering what will happen when we beat WV?

Moot point....

moot.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

The bad thing now for U is Conn needs the win.. with the loss of brohm.. at louisville.. and them locking up the gator bowl bid today... they may not be as ready to play as they should be.  

It doesnt matter we have to do our part and not worry after anyonelse. We will go bowling somewhere.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

I just spoke with some one on the Car Care Bowl Committee.

He said that if UConn becomes bowl eligible, the determination on whether to take USF or UConn will likely lie on if they can get Clemson.

If they get Clemson, they don't have a preference between USF or UConn.  They think they are going to get NC State.

He also said, that they feel that UConn would travel better and a bowl rule of thumb is, fans don't generally travel well to go north for a bowl game.

I believe he said that they have a meeting tonight and he will let me know if there is any more info.

He is right about fans not wanting to travel NORTH.

Most Midwestern/Northern Fans look at Bowl trips to fairly "warmer" places as an annual vacation trip.

Many in the South do not like to leave their warm surroundings and are less likely to go.

Bowl fans love to play Golf, etc...something that one could probably still do in Charlotte (cool weather..probably highs in the upper 40's/mid 50's...which would be considered WARM if you are from the North.

Heck, just look at the Outback Bowl...they know they will sell more tickets to South Carolina Fans then to even UF Fans.

Charlotte, NC would be considered a WARM place for UCONN fans.

KL

The reason they want SC fans its because theyll have to stay in hotels and spend more money UF fas many live in area or would just travel for game and go home. Also UF has been in Outback quite a few times. So overall SC with Spurrier makes more sense financially

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

He also said, that they feel that UConn would travel better and a bowl rule of thumb is, fans don't generally travel well to go north for a bowl game.

Don't travel north?

Where exactly would we travel to then?  Only bowl that might be further south than us is the Orange?  I understand the point, but logistically, it makes no sense to a school with our location.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231

I cant believe you call yourself a fan and would post that. Very Sad.

UConn would be more deserving as a team because they beat us head to head when we controlled our own destiny and they were basicaly playing for pride.

As fans, if we really wanted a bowl we should have turned out for the Cincinnati game when the Bowl commitee was scouting the crowd. 23K at a home game when the team is rolling was not a strong endorsment of our traveling power. I can see why they would wait for UConn.

The team blew it, the fans blew it and I'll say it again the athletic dept blew it by not creating a stir for that game.