• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looking for some serious answers for our program

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

The clear answer is to stop playing football. Stop playing football, take the stadium money and go out and buy some basketball players for a couple decades and enjoy the ride.

The end.

• Downvote 2
  • ???? 2
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

Great first post and welcome. That said, if you're looking for serious answers, this might be the wrong place. Most of us that are left have become completely jaded. 

Edited by Bull Nut
  • Upvote 2
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

The clear answer is to stop playing football. Stop playing football, take the stadium money and go out and buy some basketball players for a couple decades and enjoy the ride.

The end.

Yea, stop throwing money into one burning dumpster and start throwing into another burning dumpster. BRILLIANT!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

I will try to give a real, non-smarmy answer. To answer your first question, I think everyone on this board is some mixture of apathetic, angry, gutted, disappointed, or depressed. There are almost no bright spots so every issue, no matter how tiny, is magnified.

Even if someone on the board thinks he is doing everything he can, that would be much worse for him because, if this is doing his best, the record is absymal.

I think the better question we should ask is "What does USF leadership want from having a football program?" 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I’ve never been more apathetic towards USF football. It’s sad. 

The defense looks like it’s from a lower league. 

1 conference win in 3 seasons…. I got up to watch this game at 9 (west coast) but literally fell asleep again on the couch. That’s USF football in 2022.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, NewYorkerBull said:

Hello all, this is my first post (I’m a longtime reader) because I literally can’t take The State of USF any longer and want to hear from the Bulls Family on some of these things. First off let me say I love this board, you all are funny, clever, informed, diehards, and I’ve always enjoyed the forum. So let me ask: does everyone at this point see how bad it’s become for football, what are we going to do, and is everyone as gutted and lost as I am?

I’m a HUGE USF fan. I played tennis for USF (came all the way from NY!), walked on for football and baseball, was The Oracle Sports Editor for a semester and sports writer for four years, came to know The Jim well, got ripped by Ken Erickson for a story, sat with Big Willie Style at an alum dinner before his second season at which he ripped apart himself and his players for underperformance, and have watched every game since 1999, including running on the field AT Auburn and at home after a GWFG vs ranked Kansas…and this is BY FAR the worst this program has ever been. Agreed?

I’m also currently a successful NCAA college tennis coach, and have coached at every NCAA level as a HC, winning conference championships and earning NCAA tourney berths, as well as assisted on this level with other sports. So, with my resume and just like you all who have been riding with USF hardcore, especially if any of you are college level coaches, I definitely know not only when a coach and AD are bad, but when a program is SHOT. And this one has all the signs.

Jeff Scott is a lot of things, but a good head football coach is not one of them. I hate to put him on blast because he’s obviously a super nice guy and good man, along with a very good overall administrative manager and rule follower, but none of those things can help you if you can’t coach. When I’ve had bad teams it literally makes me mentally and physically ill until I do everything in my power to change my programs fortunes, overturning every rock and reviewing everything until it’s fixed. 

In Scott’s case, he has not done the same, do you agree? He has

-not gotten any decisions right in-game

-can’t call even a minutely sensible game from play to play 

-hasn’t rotated in more competitive players

-has no discipline within the program

-has no feel for the game at any point

-hasn’t recruited well

-hasn’t connected with players

-hasn’t been accountable 

-…and too much more to count

I’m sorry, if you have a 3-and-a million record during a three year span in the AAC with a team within the talent laden state of Florida that has attracted multiple top school transfers and stumbled upon gems like Battie and McLain and Grier, and you still can’t win any games you either should be fired or resign. As a coach I know what it looks like when a team has NO CHANCE of winning any week and we are there now. Do you all agree with all I’ve said or am I way off base. Don’t we have to have a change to various things no matter the cost at this point? I remember when everyone smiled and wanted to know more when I said I went to USF. Now they only correct me and say “you mean UCF?” because we aren’t even good enough to be memorable for anything lately. 

Interested to hear from everyone on this…

Great 1st post!! 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

It's a waste of energy since they don't pay us to figure it out.  But they need to clean the house and hire somebody to figure it out.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

I don’t know what else to say I can’t fathom how they could have so so much talent available to them right in their area and they can’t field a somewhat competitive  defense it’s absolutely incredible. I think Jeff Scott needs to be replaced just for that reason. that in three years he has not Been able recruit anybody on defense that could make it even remotely competitive

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

Gerry Bohanon is coming back, Marsh looks much better, we have Byrum Brown as our future. It sucks, but we have to wait until next year for the success we want. The rest of this year should be about evaluating the players and winning whatever games we can. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 1