• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any update on Gerry?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, hightechbull said:

So since he is a junior can he use a medical redshirt?   Would he want to do that and stay at USF?   The transfer portal swings both ways; it can help and hurt a team.   

He can't use a medical redshirt since he played in seven games... plus this was his FIFTH season, so he only has one more season of eligibility left because of the covid rule (anyone that was on a team in 2020 gets one more year automatically).

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

20 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

I was thinking he might have doubts about returning to a team where things went so spectacularly wrong.  Maybe he decides to try a different team with a defense that doesn't force you to score every drive.

It took him three games to begin to adjust.  Not sure why you go through that again unless the coaching staff changes.  He has one more shot at all this.  But who knows what he is thinking.

20 hours ago, Triple B said:

He didn't WANT to play here any longer. If he had any desire to whatsoever he would have stayed for just this scenario ....

When you say "he", you mean the elder McClain, right?  It is obvious who was calling the shots if you followed along on Twitter.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

Ok with all that has been said. I wish GBJ a great recovery. He showed a lot of promise for USF. Hopefully it works out but I wish him the best on the recovery 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

When you say "he", you mean the elder McClain, right?  It is obvious who was calling the shots if you followed along on Twitter.

I hope to hell it was mutual decision between the two ....

5 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I haven't seen it yet last year or this year, but I guess I'll try to see what everyone else is seeing.

Dude has a cannon for an arm.  Some QBs adjust quickly, most take time to settle in.  From camp quotes it sounded like they spent a lot of time with him in the offseason to break some old habits and install some new habits.  We'll see.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Dude has a cannon for an arm.  Some QBs adjust quickly, most take time to settle in.  From camp quotes it sounded like they spent a lot of time with him in the offseason to break some old habits and install some new habits.  We'll see.  

He does have a rocket for an arm. It did look like he started to settle in as the game progressed against Tulane. He was forcing the ball quite a bit when he first came out, but then settled in was able to complete some pretty passes and put more touch on the ball. 

Edited by Bull Nut

Just now, Triple B said:

I hope to hell it was mutual decision between the two ....

I don't know either one.  But Jr was calm and quiet, Sr was on a rampage.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

40 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

He does have a rocket for an arm. It did look like he started to settle in as the game progressed against Tulane. He was forcing the ball quite a bit when he first came out, but then settled in was able to complete some pretty passes and put more touch on the ball. 

I haven't seen the touch yet, but I probably had turned off the game by then.  It will be interesting to watch the Houston game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I haven't seen the touch yet, but I probably had turned off the game by then.  It will be interesting to watch the Houston game.

There was a throw down the right sideline between 2 defenders that had just the right amount of loft on it.